Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Early Level Mele Help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Muffassa, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

Early Level Mele Help

I know all of us in the SP forum are masters at the game, but I thought I would post a couple of things to help out early mele players (or make it a little easier for the rest of us).

there are 2 Awesome weapons for level 1-15 players that everyone can get. The first is Kalim's Will, and the second is the Hell Forge Hammer. They are both quest items, but by harnessing the power of ATMA they can be available to any Lvl 1 character - and they are decent enough to use until at least lvl 15 - perhaps beyond. Also, they have no streingth or dex requirements, so you can plan you character around the next weapon without worrying about popping with this one equipt.

Well, that is about it, but I hope it helps someone out! - It is making my job a lot easier this time around (not to mention the 'unusual' quality).

2. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

another good lowlvl melewep is Grand Scepter - Civerb´s Cudgel

at lvl 9 you will have very nice dmg.

3. tking716

tking716 IncGamers Member

my favorite has always been isenharts lightbrand. i know it has a str req (48 i think?) but 17-18 dmg with VERY fast attack speed is good. that said, ive begun using khalim's will and i like it too :)

4. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Also Death's Disguise, Sigon's Complete Steel and Angelic Raiment are awesome sets. For amazon I would recommend Arctic Gear

:)

5. Muffassa

I dont care what character u are, Raven Claw (longbow) at lvl 15 is AWESOME!! - explosive fire damage - that bow is good until level 28 - 30 (not the best for Diablo, but otherwise, very good)

6. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Especially a pre-1.10 Raven Claw. It fires lvl30 exploding arrows...

7. DMPI_Masher

DMPI_Masher IncGamers Member

Rixot's Keen
    Short Sword
    One-Hand Damage: 9 To 14 (11.5 Avg)
    Required Level: 2
    Durability: 24
    Base Weapon Speed: [0]
    +100% Enhanced Damage
    +5 To Minimum Damage
    25% Chance of Crushing Blow
    20% Bonus to Attack Rating
    +25 Defense
    +2 To Light Radius
    (Spawns In Any Patch)

and

Pelta Lunata
    Buckler
    Defense: 39 (Base Defense: 4-6)
    Required Level: 2
    Required Strength: 12
    Durability: 20-22 (varies)
    Chance to Block: Pal: 50%, Ama/Asn/Bar/: 45%, Dru/Nec/Sor: 40%
    Paladin Smite Damage: 1 To 3
    +30-40% Enhanced Defense (varies)
    +30 Defense
    20% Increased Chance Of Blocking
    40% Faster Block Rate
    +10 To Energy
    +10 To Vitality
    +2 To Strength
    (Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)

My personal favorite starting equipment. Along with Arctic furs and belt :thumbsup:

8. Muffassa

9. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

I think the quest item thing is a bit iffy so I am not going to suggest that.

Anyway:

Stealth (TirEl): A 50% Open Wounds does a big difference when everything still has low hitpoints. You need to get up in the two-digit levels though.

Swordback Hold: Unfortunately first usable by level 18, but combine it with Stealth and watch the poor monsters drag themselves forwards while their guts are leaking out.

Full Cleglaw's Brace: For a level 4 set the mods are simply unbeliavble! Watch your tiny little warrior suddenly ascend to a whole new degree of ownage. The item requirements for the sword requires a bit of work though.

Sigon's (In)Complete Steel: Contrary to the name completing this big set is far from necessary. Three items are usually enough to attain very great mods. My perfect setup is Sigon's Gage, Sigon's Guard and Sigon's Sabot. If some of the slots are already used up by more important items you can substitute anything. Still I'd say that you should at least wear Sigon's Gage for the Increased Attack Speed.

Infernal Tools: If you can find the elusive Infernal Cranium this set can give a young necromancer an almost instant +2 to all skills.

10. DMPI_Masher

DMPI_Masher IncGamers Member

11. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

imo Khalim's Will is superior to Hellforge Hammer, especially on zealot. I got mine when I was playing with my brother, we both had that flail and after smashing Compelling Orb mine didn't disappear. But it is the most powerful weapon for act 1 and act 2 (and maybe for act 3 too but if I remember correctly your questing will be quite different then :lol: )

12. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

I was wondering what twinked items to start a Fishymancer with - having never placed a necro - do you just cast spells until a few corpses show up to turn to skellies? but the above items are certainly within reach. Thanks :thanks:

13. Wraithswind

Wraithswind IncGamers Member

For an early level Mace Barb, forget Maces and use Scepters. Low level Scepters to great damage compared to their mace counterparts, and you can find them relatively easy.

In general melee, archers can make your life sucky now, even with a shield. Use hit and run tactics to wear then down.

Cold damage with a fast attack is your best friend early on (especially with a multi-target attack like Zeal and Double Swing).

Not astounding tips, but I find it good to remind myself of the basics every now and then :D

14. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Most of my melee characters always start out using a Sigon's Set, Angelic Ring/Ammy/Sabre, and a Cathan's Seal. My ranged characters usually go with Arctic Set, Angelic Ring and Ammy, and Cathan's Mask/Ring, as well as a pair of Gorefoots or Treads of Cthon to round off the power. They last me up to mid-ActIII.

15. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I never found early melee hard enough to "have to" use specified weapon, sure better weapon helps, but at early stage, you don't fight dangerouse monsters.

my melee mainly with barb or assassin, especially assasin, one point tiger strike, takes care of verything (it is good upto act3 with crap weapon)! But barb with normal attack is good enough to play P8 normal act1.

16. tentpeg

tentpeg IncGamers Member

Javelin
    Throw Damage: 6 to 14
    One-Hand Damage: 1 to 5
    Quantity: 60
    Javelin Class - Fast Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 1
    Fingerprint: 0xd8d900e9

My favourite starting weapon

17. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

You generally rely on your Golem and Merc to make the first kill--for this reason it's often best to gather your army in Act 1 for the easier kills, then waypoint to wherever you need to be.

You really don't want to be wasting points in bone or poison skills in order to get a kill yourself, that's for sure...

18. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

A fishymancer can play nude for all that matters, but what you want out of your eqiupment is mainly +all skills, +summoning or +curses.

If you can find a full Infernal Tools set this is just fine and dandy. Unfortunately the cap is somewhat rare. Sigon's Guard also grants +all skills.

My perfect Fishymancer twinker gear would be something around:

Angelic Amulet, Angelic Vestment and two Angelic Rings.
    Sigon's Guard, Sigon's Sabot and Sigon's Gage.
    Infernal Torch, Infernal Sign and Infernal Cranium.

+3 skills, +150% Magic Find, Faster Run/Walk and some resists. What else to ask for?

19. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

for me nothing best for a lvl 1 than
    short bow with 3 shipped emerald.

if you have good charm with +dex +str : the choice is artic gear. nothing will resist you in act I with players8.
    at level 12 change armor for angelic, add 2 ring and amulet.

at start actII forget artic gear for sigon (boot,shield belt) and Isenhart's sword.

with good socket you can go to lvl30/act IV and starting you're specific equipment

20. brainfloss

brainfloss IncGamers Member

My favourite twink gear is to get strength up to 69 as soon as possible, then give them the biggest maul you can find. You'll be doing far more damage this way, and who needs a shield in Normal mode anyway?

Works for casters too (if they're going to spare the strength), but they may want to get Angelic rings+ammy so they can actually hit things...