Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Earliest Possible Physical Immune?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by krzyhobo, Jul 2, 2005.

1. krzyhobo

krzyhobo IncGamers Member

Earliest Possible Physical Immune?

So having lost my hardcore TS/Trapper hybrid last night I decided to start a new one. While ripping through the Dark Wood I encountered this.

Now maybe I'm a n00b, but I've definitely never seen a PI monster so early in the game. Is this unusual or am I a buffoon? Possibly both.

2. MFMOFO

MFMOFO Banned

Very unusual. The earliest i have seen was in act 2 maggot lair. I was impossible to pass thorgh him so i had to save and exit the game and clear everithing again! :mad:

3. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

You can also get Immune to Physical ghosts in act 1 normal, if they spawn stone skin.

4. Stony

Stony IncGamers Member

My earliest PI was in the Jail, a ghost. As I was playing a Barbarian, it proved impossible to kill, and I had to park it. The Dark Wood is very early to find a PI, I've got to say. The earliest immune of any kind, I do believe, is Bishibosh, who is Fire Immune. Personally, I wish there wasn't even the possibility of Immunes in Act I Normal, it's way to early for any of that stuff.

Stony

5. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

It's because he spawned with stone skin.

Personally, I'm not bothered when the unique monsters are immune. That's not much of a problem, but I don't do full clears most of the time.

6. Shakes

Shakes IncGamers Member

Personally, I think immunities are a crutch for game designers who have failed to make the spells tactically distinct enough for players to willingly use different spells situationally, and so need to add something to force them. Monsters that certain characters have no hope of killing is the most immediately obvious drawback of this approach.

7. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

but in this game, I wish there are more immunities. IMO, a single skilled build should be always the kind you wish to chanllenge yourself, not to pwnz everything. look at D2 now, blizzard sorc, cheesy din are perfect example of lack of immunities.

back to origional post, I think the earliest I saw was a ghost boss down the jail too.

8. Bunny_Usagi

Bunny_Usagi Banned

i would say that it is not super unusual because i have encountered them that early too. just not immune to physical i dont believe...

9. Tarr

Tarr IncGamers Member

Sing it, brother!

And to answer the original question, I don't think I've ever encountered a PI before act 5 normal before.

10. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Welcome back bunny long time no see. :wave:

My earliest was a ghost in the countess tower, its the stone skin that causes it.

I also agree that physical immune by the dark woods is quite early some people especially untwinked will find it hard to attack a PI that early, imagine how I felt when my passive barb stumbled onto this ghost PI in normal act 1, atleast I had a merc that dealt some fire damage, and an axe with a chippy in it.

11. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Huh? Didn´t you have a merc with Fire/Cold Arrows? Was Charsi and Gheed all out of elemental weapons? No poison potions around?

12. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I think the earliest PI I've heard is stone skin corpsefire, try get that quest with a new char. :rolleyes:

13. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

Unique dark lords spawning with stone skin in the Durance (normal) are another common example of physical immune monsters spawning before act 5.