Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ea sports games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by itsPizzarific, Apr 15, 2005.

1. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

ea sports games

anyone play any of these? i play nba live 05 and madden 05 on console.

i love them, and im sure they love me.

2. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Been an NBA live man since 1996. Some of the best games out there. Outstanding controls, great fun in groups. I've even gotten my GF on it a time or two.

Garbad

3. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere IncGamers Member

I hate sports games, but that is me.

4. Lord_Shinnok

Lord_Shinnok IncGamers Member

i have madden 2004 and will probably get 06 (i'm on the madden every two years plan).

Bills 4 teh win!!1!1!

5. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

EA might make some decent sports games but i hate the company. All they do is buy up good developers and fire the team and screw the company. Although some teams have resisted this overtake such as Maxis and Westwood (sort of).

6. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

do you guys fantasy draft?

@ garbad - i started at 03. im nubbor. :( i actually like the gameplay of 04 better than 05. and i hate waiting for trades in season mode. trade now damit.

@ shinnok - 05 roxxorz. im sure 06 will stink and we will all be crying.

7. Garbad_the_Weak

Both. Fantasy is fun, but I find myself getting the same group of role players to fit around whatever star I get. Plus I edit and update rosters to fit what I think the team actually is (and the CPU cheats btw. No matter how ****ty you make players like troy hudson the twolves always win at least 55).

04 was more fun because it had more slashing. The game has a long term problem of balancing different scoring areas. They either make slashing too hard or too easy. My FG% is usually like 70% and my 3PT% is like 40%. Its sad. Jumpers are so worthless it usually makes more sense to just grind the ball down low every time. At least, on those few possesions you don't just slash and dunk. They also let people push way too often and downplay the value of passing.

Garbad

8. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

And how is this not like the NBA?

9. Garbad_the_Weak

-_-

I like the rule changes the NBA made this season to allow more slashing. IMO it has helped a lot. Scoring is up, shooting % is up, assists are up, and tempo is up as gaurds have more advantage than they have.

And the passing. In NBA live its pretty much impossible to slash to the basket and hit a cutter moving in. When you try, the cutter will either flop or get blocked. You can hit open perimiter shooters, but then its like 30% tops.

Garbad

10. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

what he said. :wink2:

11. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

I kinda dig Fight Night.

12. Garbad_the_Weak

Yeah, that sucks, but it prevents you from trying like 24234234234234 trades until you get one favorable one. The AI is anal about trading too.

And also, the computer is stupid about the value of stars vs role players. Just offer 3 really sucky bench warmers (like 50-52) for a decent player (57-60). Then resign some scrubs, there is an endless supply. Once you get 3 guys about 57-60, sell them for a guy who is about 70 or so, and so on up. Oh, and dump your unfavorable contracts on the bobcats. Or pick up guys like Glenn Robinson who suck and have expiring contracts.

You can easily build your dream team in one season. I've played seasons where I had like 10 of the top 12 players in the league on my team.

Garbad

P.S. Whats the most points you have ever gotten with one player and how many minute quarters?

13. Riegn

Riegn IncGamers Member

I play a little of NHL 2003 on my bube. However I have a freind who is addicted to NHL 2004. I mean it. He can go through a season without simming in 7 nights. When hes not in a rush he will spend more then 3 hours just setting up his lines, even if it means just moving one character.

Im scared for him lol

14. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

trading up bad players was a lot easier in 04.

most points .. im not sure. i would guess maybe 40 with 3 min quarters. the thing i remember was beating started mode a LONG time ago in 04 115-25 on 5 min quarters. =p thats when i moved up a difficulty level lol

15. Eff

Eff Banned

me and a couple friends used to love the fifa [soccer] games but...once you've played one, you've played them all

16. Garbad_the_Weak

haha, nice.

Thats like the time my brother and I were playing nba jam and won like 253 - 0. After that the game wasn't as fun.

Garbad