Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

E3 Convention thingy...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fallen_62, May 24, 2005.

1. Fallen_62

Fallen_62 Diabloii.Net Member

E3 Convention thingy...

So, did anyone want to know anything about what was at E3? I hung around the NCSoft booth a lot because of GW, but I did get to check out Hellgate London and a few other games, but I missed the unvailing(sp?) of the new consoles : /

And sorry this post is so late, but I was recuperating from the lack of sleep from E3 :p

2. Damotta

Damotta Diabloii.Net Member

Were there any playable demos of Hellgate London? If not, did ya see any cool videos? I've checked the game out quite a bit online and it looks awesome. How did it look in person?

3. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

yeah fill us in. =D

4. plasmo

plasmo Diabloii.Net Member

What was cool, what looked like crap?

And, more importantly, booth babe pics?

5. Agateryon

Agateryon Diabloii.Net Member

did you see anything about X3-The reunion? :D

6. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Hellgate: London. Tell us all about it. The game looks very cool from what I have seen.

7. Fallen_62

Yes, I played a demo of Hellgate for about 15 to 30 mins. It is very cool... basically an FPS RPG mix. Very easy to control, randomized maps (like d2), randomized drops, etc. What that means is that its like D2 in that each item that drops has random values and random mods, but they are geared toward the level of your character.

There are powerups for items such as artifacts, energy packs, etc. Each wepon spawns with a random amount of "upgrade" slots, which you can put these upgrades in to. As of now, there is only a single player game, but they plan to add multiplayer in soon. What kind of multiplayer, we arent sure...

There are several types of weapons like one handed guns, two handed guns, bats, swords, etc. You can hold 2 one handed guns and you have certain skills that allows you to fire both at the same time, only the left, only the right, etc. The only class they had there was the Templar, and his magic had to deal with Auras. They still have no idea what they want to do with the skills or the skill tree yet, same with attributes and the distribution and such.

As I said, the game is still early in the early development stages, so a lot is still unknown about the game, but that should be a nice little tidbit.

As for X3, I saw the banner where the stand was, but didnt make it over to the stand itself.

Cool games:
    Hellgate London
    Tabula Rasa (MMO)
    City of Villains

Not so good games:
    Auto Assult (I just didnt think it was a good game)

Those are basically the 4 that I saw the most of, and I dont want to make judgements on games i didnt see too much of. So... yea... I think that sums up the points that were mentioned so far. I really think that Hellgate London is going to be an awesome game

edit: Missed the booth babe question... I know Rushter put a few up on both our site and the WoW site, but I think most of them went on LoadedInc, so check there :p

8. mhl12

mhl12 Diabloii.Net Member

i'm waiting for my next issue of PSM for the news on E3. And I probably wont have a chance to look at it since I have exams in a week. lol

9. Fallen_62

To get a little bit better description of Hellgate London, check out Part 2 and 3 of LoadedInc's E3 Report , more specifically Page 3 for Hellgate London, though the other games detailed there were pretty cool too.

10. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere Diabloii.Net Member

Please tell me you playe Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.....

11. Ev_

Ev_ Diabloii.Net Member

I'm getting videos in a few days of the media-only presentations at E3...hours and hours of footage. Hopefully there's some interesting stuff in there.

12. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares Diabloii.Net Member

useless!

about those though, I was just reading an article about PS3 not being a gaming machine, being referred to instead as an entertainment computer, which says to me, that they're going a step further beyong gaming like they did with the DVD player in PS2 and they're stepping far enough that they want to distinguish their uniqueness so they don't have to price competitively :(

13. Fallen_62

We didnt get to those, unfortunately. Ev, who do you work for that you get to go and get the footage and stuff?

14. Darnoc

Darnoc Diabloii.Net Member

So I'm guessing that there wasn't anything special at the blizz booth?