Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

E.s.p.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TheGreatStickels, Feb 20, 2004.

1. TheGreatStickels

TheGreatStickels IncGamers Member

E.s.p.

whats your take on it? beleive it exists? Any personal storys?

We just got to it in my psychology class, and I was just wondering what people thought.

(Extra Sensory Perception for those of you who don't know, like psychic stuff)

2. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

Possible, yet improbable...
    I say that we really only use a small part of our brains, and what the larger part can contain, who knows...

And would you count esp as those dreams that happen later...that deja vu feeling you get when you have already dreamed what would happen?

3. TheGreatStickels

TheGreatStickels IncGamers Member

yeah I think I would include those as esp, one you hear about fairly often. how else could you explain seeing something in a dream and then having it actually happen?

4. Chief JB

Chief JB IncGamers Member

I wish my dream about singing and dancing polar bears would happen.

5. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

Never mind that nonsense. Like ghosts, aliens, angels, and deities of various sorts, until I see it for myself I can't possibly believe it.

6. th5418

th5418 Banned

I wish it existed. I wish i had it.

7. Chief JB

I wish mindbullets existed so I could kill a yak from 200 yards away.

8. Chief JB

If this isn't proof. I don't know what is.
    Link

9. th5418

th5418 Banned

That looks like ehs constipated.

10. kittenslayer

kittenslayer IncGamers Member

this one time I had a dream that I won the lottery so when I woke up I wrote down the numbers, and bought a ticket.

I didnt get a single number.

In conclusion, I dont have ESP.

11. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

Stickels: you're learning about axis I disorders, right?

12. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

i have an invisible friend. yes, i know hes real because he beats people up for me.

13. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

it only exists if you have a good cable package. there is also such a thing as ESP2 which has a different selection of really random sports.

14. GIR

GIR Banned

I knew I would reply to this thread before I hit the Reply button.

15. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

Ah, I love me skeptics. It's a shame there aren't more of us out there.... :p I am also one who needs more tangible, concrete proof to sway me to believing in something.

16. GIR

GIR Banned

My apartment is haunted. They mess with me all the time.

I first noticed it about a week after I moved in. I was sitting watching a movie and my ceiling fan turned on by itself. They screw with me all the time. One time they took my house keys. I came back from going out somewhere, so I get to my door, and my keys aren't in my pocket, which I found odd since I always put them back in my pocket after I unlock the door, so they're always in my pants. So I figure they probably just fell out of my pocket in my car or something. Check my car, they're not there. Emptied every last thing out of my pockets and checked every pocket 3 times just to be sure. Not there. So finally I have to get my landlord to let me in, figured they must have just fallen out of my pocket before I left. Get in, search up and down for them and can't find them anywhere. I give up and go to bed for the night. After I wake up, I get ready to go aske my landlord to make me a ew set of keys, thinking I lost them somewhere earlier in the night when I was out. So I start taking everything out of the pockets of my pants that I was wearing the day before (wallet, etc.) to put into my clean pair of pants, and what do I find right in the pocket of my pants from the previous day? My keys.

They don't seem to like my girlfriend. They keep leaving stuff on her side of the bed to step on. One time it was a piece of "L" shaped plastic with rusty nails in it. Another time it was a piece of glass. It's not like they just dropped there from something, as we can't figure out where they're from. I don't even own anything that's glass, let along anything that's broken, and we checked all the windows (you know, in case something happened like a bird smacking into it and broke it while we were sleeping.) All perfectly intact.

Actaully I haven't been able to find the belt clip for my cell phone since Saturday, and I know I had it when I came up, since I had my phone with me, but it seems to have disappeared. I'm wondering if I'm just not seeing it (since the place if kind of a mess) or if I'm gonna like find it in the toilet or something one morning.

17. Captain-Dorf

Captain-Dorf IncGamers Member

I believe it exists because, man, sometimes I just cannot focus on one topic for very long.....

18. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

*uses the awesome magical power of his brain to remove his pants and floats through the forum*

I believe there are some perceptions and abilities of the human brain/mind that are as of yet unexplained... whether that means ESP as it is thought of exists or not, I'm not making any guesses.

19. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

ESP make kickass guitars.

20. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

@Jigga-Scrooge: Someone has been watching Fight club, I think

I think intuitioin, luck and stuff are just a cover up of our goverments to distract the mass populations from taking advantage of our great psychic skills.
    Its like sexual conduct, if nobody tells you when you are doing it right, you wont get the desired effect (pleasuring the partner). So go now and start honing your e.s.p. and become rich/popular/legendary!

Yes I don't believe in e.s.p. it would be too convenient.

If you believe in evolution then think about other creatures still populating the planet. Most of them aren't exactly complex so why do you think human would have (on top of its tremendous creativity and intelligence) "super human" powers like e.s.p. ?

edit: changed the reproduction example