Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

e-bug armours

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by i am war, Apr 24, 2008.

  1. i am war

    i am war IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2008
    Messages:
    143
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    41
    e-bug armours

    can someone tell me ebug recipe for armour please?

    iv fogotten it, not used it for like a week :p
    but just got eth boneweave with 600+ def :)

    thanks in advance :azn:
     
  2. helvete

    helvete IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2004
    Messages:
    6,779
    Likes Received:
    859
    Trophy Points:
    534
    Re: e-bug armours

    600 def will only turn out 900 def when ebugged, because it's always exactly 50% more, rounded down.

    Recipe is: Eth (unsocketed, non-superior) armor + Ptopaz + Tal + Thul
    Shields are Pruby + Amn + Tal
    Helms are... er... never used it, don't remember. Check it at the arreat summit (cube socket recipes for normal armor).
     
  3. i am war

    i am war IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2008
    Messages:
    143
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    41
    Re: e-bug armours

    ok, thanks again, as i seem to remember you told me in the first place ;)
     
  4. vDEb

    vDEb IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2008
    Messages:
    75
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    Re: e-bug armours

    I'm confused, why can't you go to Larzuk? w/ it?

    is that not an option?
     
  5. Dodgydave

    Dodgydave IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2003
    Messages:
    3,597
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    166
    Re: e-bug armours

    Going to Larzuk wont provide the double etheral bonus socketing in the cube does.
     
  6. vDEb

    vDEb IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2008
    Messages:
    75
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    Re: e-bug armours

    ok, now I am confused...

    double etherearl bonus?

    if i have a 670 ethereal GHauberk w/ 0 sockets... what exactly would the "double" bonus do?
     
  7. carnivore

    carnivore IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2005
    Messages:
    506
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    120
    Re: e-bug armours

    it will add 50% additional def and 1 to 4 sockets. your armor has 400+ base def, *1.5 being etheral and will get another *1.5 when ebugged.



    for the recipe look here:
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

    1 Tal Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Topaz + Normal Body Armor = Socketed Body Armor of same type
     
  8. thegiantturtle

    thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2004
    Messages:
    4,642
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    120
    Re: e-bug armours

    Note that it's an even chance of 1-6 sockets, which is then capped at 4.



     
  9. Arkardo

    Arkardo IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2006
    Messages:
    3,035
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    467
    Re: e-bug armours

    You sure about that? I thought it depended on the item type, like:
    Weapons - 6 sockets (no ethereal bug here, though)
    Armor - 4 sockets
    Helm - 3 sockets
    Shield - 4 sockets

    So, an armor with a max of three sockets would have 25% chance on one socket, 25% chance on two sockets and 50% chance on three sockets. That's what I thought, at least.



     
  10. thegiantturtle

    thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2004
    Messages:
    4,642
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    120
    Re: e-bug armours

    You're wrong. Likely, you can blame the AS which contains some text explaining it the way you believe and some text explaining it properly.



     
  11. Arkardo

    Arkardo IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2006
    Messages:
    3,035
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    467
    Re: e-bug armours

    Alright, I stand corrected! :thumbsup:



     

Share This Page