Duriel

Fallenangel

Diabloii.Net Member
Duriel

I want to know, how to kill Duriel with a Amazon in single player mode. I´ve tried it most, but i can´t hit him really an he kills me every time. Could someone help me please? What did i wrong???
 

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Fallenangel said:
I want to know, how to kill Duriel with a Amazon in single player mode. I´ve tried it most, but i can´t hit him really an he kills me every time. Could someone help me please? What did i wrong???
Which build do you have? Which difficulty level? What kind of gear are you using?

Answering your question is a bit more difficult without any information :)
 

Fallenangel

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi, my english is not very good. But I´ll try to explain. My amazon is at level 20. She´s using a bow with explosion kill. All quests are done. But i can´t kill duriel. Could you help me?
 
I usually use all act 2 mercenary and I equip my amazon with a shield and a sword when facing that guy. Try to get hold of alot of life steal. Sigons gloves and another piece of the set gives you 10% life steal and increased attack speed. Always have a TP in his lair and retreat when things get nasty. If your merc have died ressurect him.

My last amazon on hardcore used up 10 TP before he Duriel fell.
Another tip is to use rejuvinating poitons for a quick recovery.
Hope this will help you.

DX
 

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, if you want, try to host MP game and I will come and help you :)

But DX-Crawler also gave you good advice, so try that first

Too bad I don't have any amazon experience in 1.10 :(
 

Fallenangel

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you. I will try it with a lot of TPs and a sword. But one question: I´ve tried it with a sword last time, but i can´t hit him. Which sort of sword would i need?
 

Icebird

Diabloii.Net Member
I usually avoid tackling Duriel until I'm level 24. Then I can use Decoy to give Duriel another target to attack while I try to kill him. If you use the /players8 command, you should level up fairly quickly in places like the Arcane Sanctuary.

I had a relatively easy time with my javazon, but my hardcore rabies druid and trapper only beat him with frequent trips to town.

Chris
 

Fallenangel

Diabloii.Net Member
My problem is a very old computer! There is not enough space for the mp-version. Also i can´t install the software to go on web. So i have to chat with another and play with these old. So i can´t play on battle net. :-(
 

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Fallenangel said:
My problem is a very old computer! There is not enough space for the mp-version. Also i can´t install the software to go on web. So i have to chat with another and play with these old. So i can´t play on battle net. :-(
:(

Just try to get some better items for her, level up a bit and try. Sooner or later you can kill him :thumbsup:
 
Fallenangel said:
Thank you. I will try it with a lot of TPs and a sword. But one question: I´ve tried it with a sword last time, but i can´t hit him. Which sort of sword would i need?
I usully use a broad sword, and try to get some increased attack speed on that one aswell.

Hitting him is a problem though, if you do have some items found before you can use angelic ring and angelic amulet which gives you good AR.

If you dont have them I can give them to you I have some spare in my stash.

DX
 

Butzull

Diabloii.Net Member
You can also put one point in jab and get yourself a spear. Jab him while standing directly behind your merc so that the merc can't get pushed back. Use rejuvs and healing potions to keep your merc alive as long as possible. As mentioned retreat and resurrect him when he dies.

Butz. :teeth:
 

Fallenangel

Diabloii.Net Member
DX-Crawler said:
I usully use a broad sword, and try to get some increased attack speed on that one aswell.

Hitting him is a problem though, if you do have some items found before you can use angelic ring and angelic amulet which gives you good AR.

If you dont have them I can give them to you I have some spare in my stash.

DX
how can i get them if i can´t move into battle net? :xeek:
 

SnakeEye85

Diabloii.Net Member
Fallenangel said:
how can i get them if i can´t move into battle net? :xeek:

read the stickied thread about ATMA at the top of this forum

its a program that helps u transfer items in singelplayer

as someone said before i would use /players 8 and level up to 24 in the arcance sanctuary and then use Decoy

while doing that u might get some bette items aswell

maybe get a 2socketed armor/helm and place rubies into it and give it to your merc

i would use an act2 defiance merc

good luck and hope you can do it!
 

Murg

Diabloii.Net Member
You could also try Thawing potions in case the Holy Freeze gives you trouble, I'm pretty sure they give you a temporary "Cannot be frozen"... Not sure though, correct me if I'm wrong. :)
 

Dinnin Darkblade

Diabloii.Net Member
Murg said:
You could also try Thawing potions in case the Holy Freeze gives you trouble, I'm pretty sure they give you a temporary "Cannot be frozen"... Not sure though, correct me if I'm wrong. :)
Even if it does it wouldn't matter, holy freeze aura is not affected by cannot be frozen modifiers of any kind.

Fallen Angel, it seems that perhaps you do not understand the /players 8 command. If you do and I'm mis-understanding you then I apologize for acting the teacher :) When in the game press enter. This will bring up your chat box. Then type /players 8 and then press enter again. This will make the game believe there are a total of 8 players in the game causing the HP's and EXP of each monster to go up by 450%. This will allow you to level more quickly and be ready for the bosses. Just remember to type in /players 1 before you go into the boss chamber or he too will be super powered.

As for how to defeat Durial with an amazon, your best bets are to use jab as suggested. Unfortounatly it now seems to be affected by the chill effect but its still a good choice. Going tankazon on him with a sword and shield is also a good idea. Lots of life leech, health and rejuv potions, a good prayer or defience merc, and Decoy once you lvl to 24 will be your life savers against Durial. Good Luck in your quest.
 

Fallenangel

Diabloii.Net Member
Dinnin Darkblade said:
Even if it does it wouldn't matter, holy freeze aura is not affected by cannot be frozen modifiers of any kind.

Fallen Angel, it seems that perhaps you do not understand the /players 8 command. If you do and I'm mis-understanding you then I apologize for acting the teacher :) When in the game press enter. This will bring up your chat box. Then type /players 8 and then press enter again. This will make the game believe there are a total of 8 players in the game causing the HP's and EXP of each monster to go up by 450%. This will allow you to level more quickly and be ready for the bosses. Just remember to type in /players 1 before you go into the boss chamber or he too will be super powered.

As for how to defeat Durial with an amazon, your best bets are to use jab as suggested. Unfortounatly it now seems to be affected by the chill effect but its still a good choice. Going tankazon on him with a sword and shield is also a good idea. Lots of life leech, health and rejuv potions, a good prayer or defience merc, and Decoy once you lvl to 24 will be your life savers against Durial. Good Luck in your quest.
no problem, you´r right. You gave me a good advice. Thank you for your help. I hope I can find some usefull items and potions, becouse mana is always empty very quickly. ;)
 
Top