Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

duriel is a problem

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Jethro, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Jethro

Jethro IncGamers Member

duriel is a problem

i have a level 23 barbarian with most of my skill points focused in axe mastery and a few points in a few other skills. i have tried at least 20 times to beat duriel and cannot even get him at half HP by myself, my merc is level 21 and dies in less than a minute and then i die after just a few hits from him.

this is a my single player game and i cant find anyone to help me out.

can someone here please help me kill duriel? i can meet you on openbattle.net or through a direct connect game. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT!

2. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Re: duriel is a problem

What sort of barb are you making? A few levels can make a difference, especially when it comes to your ability to hit Duriel versus his ability to hit you.

Also, life leech is of the utmost importance when fighting bosses. Does your merc have any? Do you have any? Even something simple like a magic 5% life leech ring can be enough to keep your health bulb full.

3. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Re: duriel is a problem

Shop for bone shield of deflecting, make a savage halberd/poleaxe (see horadric cube recipes - IIRC it's belt+kris+any quality diamond+any staff) for your merc. Go there and just slash him to death. He shouldn't be problem for you with this stuff on this character level. EDIT: good weapon is Steel runeword - preferably in flail or crystal sword. Gives fast attact rating and open wounds.
    Just don't try to run from him. If you run (not walk) - you will get hit automatically and it really hurts. Just prepare o lot of potions, create a townportal if something goes wrong and tank him.