Durability?

BlueDogAnchorite

Diabloii.Net Member
Durability?

Do enhanced defense mods also increase the durability and if so, by how much? Also by how much is the durability increased for a failed set/unique?

I just found a 136 durability defender.

Thanks!, Blue.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Enhanced defense increases the defense, not durability. The enhanced durability mod is the one that increases durability. For a failed set, you get a magical item with twice the normal durability. For a failed unique, you get a rare item with triple the normal durability.

BlueDogAnchorite

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, I thought the figures were around that level, but Andy dropped a magical defender with 136 durability and the summit lists a defender's durability as 12. Is the summit wrong, or is something else going on here?

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Give us a picture, if you can, or have someone on Europe (Krischan, for example) check it in game. Sounds odd, but I've heard stranger.

Delreich

Diabloii.Net Member
Doesn't sound odd at all, the AS isn't perfect. Defenders normally have a durability of 68, according to armor.txt.

Actually, the AS has the durability of all exceptional shields wrong...

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
There you go, and that explains why my upgrade of a perfect Swordback Hold was bungled below the lowest base defense, as well. Wonder why they haven't gotten around to change such a blatant error. Could this have been changed in 1.10 or was it always this way?

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
Before 1.10, durability didn't matter, so nobody probably knows. :)
Or, they might indeed have changed that because durability suddonly mattered and they wanted the items to be more exceptional.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Ok, I thought the figures were around that level, but Andy dropped a magical defender with 136 durability and the summit lists a defender's durability as 12. Is the summit wrong, or is something else going on here?
Arreat Summit is wrong with respect to the durability of exceptional shields, its just a repetition of the durabilities of the normal versions. On d2data, the durability of a defender is correctly shown as 68. See my sig for both links.

Edit: I overlooked Delreich's posting who essentially wrote the same as me. :rolleyes: