duping?

ThePowerOfHammers

Diabloii.Net Member
duping?

my friend on b net heard rumors how to dupe...i think its like drop an item in front of charsi and while in the trade screen..hold ctrl and click on cube...
anyway..my friend tried it and it said that his connection was interuppted or something...is duping not allowed or is it just a glitch that every1 can use? very strange...

Gorny

Banned
ThePowerOfHammers said:
my friend on b net heard rumors how to dupe...i think its like drop an item in front of charsi and while in the trade screen..hold ctrl and click on cube...
anyway..my friend tried it and it said that his connection was interuppted or something...is duping not allowed or is it just a glitch that every1 can use? very strange...

It's an illegal method to copy items...hence they are called "dupes"

Blizzard does not allow it...though they doo not seem to do alot about it.

We do not allow trading of known dupes here, nor do we allow links to where dupe programs can be found, we also do not allow the asking of where to get dupes, duping progs etc.

Zanifer

Diabloii.Net Member
When you hold control in trade and left click an item it sells it, you cannot i repeat cannot sell the cube, and instead you get c/i. however it never says you left the game, which i always found interesting.

live_action_pain

Diabloii.Net Member
i do that if i cant get a perm for my rune mules and even drop runes to pick up when solo muling in front of her and trust me it NEVER NEVER once has duped a thing for me

Bhruic

Diabloii.Net Member
ThePowerOfHammers said:
Holy scam batman.

Basically it's a way to prey on someone and steal their object. The scammer tells the victim to do this. They can give all the assurances the other player needs ("I'll go to another act, so I can't steal the object"). The silly player drops the item, does the charsi thing, and gets disconnected (that's what it does, disconnects you). The scammer then goes and collects the item.

It's hard to feel sorry for anyone who falls victim to this, as people who are trying to dupe items deserve to get screwed over, imo. But having the scammers come out ahead isn't good either.

Bh