Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Duping suggestions

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by jackbhowell, Oct 26, 2006.

1. jackbhowell

jackbhowell IncGamers Member

Duping suggestions

I dont know about everyone else, but im fed up of trading for stuff an d2 and getting a dupe in return for my hard earned ists. You dont know its a dupe at first, but when you log on to d2 the next day and your SOJ or HR that you were about to make into the godliest of runewords has dissapeared, it can really boil your blood.

Why should the innocent non hackers be punished by having hard earned items taken away from them..

I suggest in the new patch, there should be some sort of way to check for dupes, an id labeled to each item or something legit. There must be a way of stopping these hackers.

I know this has been turned over and over, but there must be something blizard can do for the new patch. Mebbe if everything is ID'd and there is a dupe that has the same ID as its origin, then window trading it can be blocked...

What do you all think>? :laugh: :laugh:

2. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

I'm getting too used to having dupes on the realm... I don't care much anymore, but the economy is changing; for example, on USEast Non-Ladder, there is a kind of Soj paranoia, nobody wants them anymore as they always poof.

I say the ruststorm has to be run more often. And maybe in Non-Ladder too. Maybe that would make the economy even worse, though.

3. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

If you want to trade, you NEED to get the dupes. There's simply not enough legitimate HRs out there. And you know what? If there was a system to check for legitimate runes, those runes would cost double or triple the value of the dupes, making no difference (except having higher prices for legitimate ones) at all.

What's up with all the talk about how "innocent people get dupes"? Of course they do. It's the way the economy works. If there was no dupes, everything would be double or triple their price. And there would barely be any enigma hammerdins, or any other chars like that.

4. TTTimo

TTTimo IncGamers Member

Well, I was in the chat a while ago (ZOMG!) and some guy had a legit crown skin SoJ, but nobody bought it since it was the "dupe" skin. He finally found a buyer who had maphack, and with the hack he could see that the items was legit. I don't know if this was true (never used and never will use maphack) but if it is, Blizzard can probably put it in the game. Anyway, for now, there is no way around dupes.

5. ImMaClone

ImMaClone IncGamers Member

I actually like that where unique items like skullder actually worth something. Weekly ruststorm is the way to go. :thumbsup:

6. jackbhowell

jackbhowell IncGamers Member

Well.... i actually think that if things cost more, they mean more too. I like working hard to get something, it gives me that feeling of satisfaction. If that feeling were to go, then the game becomes pretty dull.

Having said that, i like the way now that i can afford most stuff and make chars that i always wanted to make but didnt wanna spend the hard earned ists on them.

I personally just dont like the way the dupers/hackers get the best out of it all. Lets hunt them down in real life and slap them:wink2: then i would feel better :laugh:

7. Me2NiK

Me2NiK IncGamers Member

Of course duping drives down the prices. That's why I hate it so much. Items used to be, y'know, worth something. Now, if it's not an enigma, a hoto, or on a bad day a couple of high runes, it's worth squat, and nobody's taking sojs anymore because people are afraid of them.
    Imagine that! Afraid of an item!

Wipe all the dupes and patch the dupe methods. If they find more, do it again. Sure, there will be some angry legit players, but it'll keep the dupes at bay and some people who don't really diserve it might have to take an immediate hit but will probably be happier in the long run because they don't dupe and will be able to use their legitimacy to get back.

8. Barnical

Barnical IncGamers Member

Simple answer.

Dupes wont go away, I suggest if your trying to make a runeword, get the Armor/Weapon your going to use to make it and go in order of HR that you need. For example, when I wanted to make a HotO, I went for Vex first (but made sure I had Ko, and put it in immediatley, and so on.

However, I've noticed some people saying that their runewords disappear, or the rune simply disappears from the runeword, making it a crappy weapon/armor. Haven't had that happen to me, but dupes are what make our economy flow.

You wonder why you dont see many threads about "My first HR, or I found a HR" because the chance they'll drop is so minimal, like Olba said, people would double and triple their prices.

-MCS

9. ZeRgY

ZeRgY IncGamers Member

Why can't blizzard run ruststorm (whatever it is) every day? Is it really that hard?

10. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

bliz running ruststorm takes bnet down for hours

11. Baynson

Baynson IncGamers Member

We don't need duped runes. The odds for runes, rares and the likes, dropping, is part of the system that gives "items" there game value. Supply and demand will drive the Diablo economy, as in real life. You want a Zod, thats an arm, Pul = Leg, you get the picture. I would be a fool to think I don't have duped (counterfit) items in my inventory as I have traded and had items given to me as gifts, but, I can say that the highest and most prized items were found by myself and are worth nothing because of the false economy in D2 created by the hords of dupes now in game.

In two years of playing I have had a Gul as my highest rune drop and have cubed up to Io and made many low rune words that I still use.
    I am in hopes that Blizzerd will fine a way to wipe the counterfit market from D2 so players can be proud once again when the odds roll in the favor.

12. ulmty

ulmty Guest

how about blizz finds a way to stop duping, but then also increases the chance of hr drops. not much but just a tiny bit, so that its not extremely easy or hard to find a hr. The odds leaning towards hard tho so that the 24/7 players wont dominate the economy.

I dunno if this would work, but its a nice compromise.

13. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

You can't stop duping without rewriting the game. Duping will always be here.

14. badgerofdoom

badgerofdoom IncGamers Member

face it. if there were no dupes you wouldnt have didly squat, the economy would revolve around rare(yellow) items and pgems, there would be the occasional super good char, but barely anyone could do hell, or even parts of nm, and you couldnt even dream of doing the ubers if you werent there at the very beginning of the game, you couldnt rush hell, or maybe nm, you couldnt level on hell baal, there just wont be enough good players that havent quite do to the lack of other good players

15. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

thats the way it was for the first few months after the ladder was reset, people were generally nicer, more willing to help out and average gear was considered godly

high runewords are supposed to be a rarity on the realms, or last wish and enigma would take a couple low runes to make

if you want to cheat and dup your way go to nl, open or sp, leave the ladder for legit dedicated players

16. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

No, completely untrue. A necro can beat the game naked, at the beginning of ladder I made an IK barb, traded self found items for the armor. That barb has no problem soloing hell. Dupewords don't make the game possible, they take away any skill needed to play the game.

17. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Ohhh, YES. Time for another SD link. Be right back, peeps.

[EDIT]: Aha, here ya go. Eat those words, bud. Linky for SD pwnage

18. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Conviction zealot with a 6 ptopaz / 6 ort runes Phase blade can do it pretty easy too with some patience...

1. Fishymacer can clear hell even naked.
    2. Javazons. A Lit LF / CS zon can do it with a crack jav and generous Pierce.
    3. Sorc. Forb or Blizzballer.
    4. Conviction zealot. Any 6 socketed 1 handed weapon fitted with perfect gems of choice.

so many more....

19. jbarlak

jbarlak IncGamers Member

Well you know when you are dealing with a dupe when you enter a game which reads "HR for Sigon Set" The player offered one jah, ber or vex for a complete sigon set. Now that is a crazy deal. You can't say you wouldn't take it. It has only been a week, but that rune still hasn't poofed. I need to find a 3os archon plate quick :)

John B.

20. kaervek

kaervek IncGamers Member

Its funny to see someone offering 50-100 HR's for a top end item then asking "is it legit?" uhuh.

It'd be nice if there was some sort of legitimate currency that could be used, like in other games. Only problem is the max allowable gold is the equivilent of loose change.