Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Duped runes and botted items

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Alkali, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Alkali

Alkali IncGamers Member

Duped runes and botted items

My apologies for the fact I have only been playing for 4 weeks..... Lots of immature people call me a noob when I am trading, its not my fault Im not sure of item worth yet but hey... thats the way it goes nowadays in online gaming...

Could someone please explain what are duped runes and botted items?

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Duped runes are basically Duplicated runes. They were cloned, xeroxed, copied, what have you, and aren't legit. Hackers have done this with different methods throughout the years.

Botted items are items that were picked up with Bots. Programs that go around Killing things and picking up the loot, or shopping for them.

Both will get your cd-keys cancelled (at times :rolleyes: ) if caught producing these items. Possessing them won't get you banned, but the runes may disappear.

Trading on this sites Trade Forums is MUCH easier than online and as long as you read the rules, really shouldn't be as many verbal attacks... those things are taken care of. There's also a Trade Values Forum to help you out.

3. Alkali

Alkali IncGamers Member

Ok, thanks for the reply...

Is there any way you can tell if a rune is duped before you trade it? And are botted items easily told apart either? I had a guy tell me to ask people to move items around in the trade screen before concluding a deal because he said some guys can somehow pretend to sell you things, so your trade goes, but he keeps his....

4. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

The sad thing is: You can't tell dupes of botted items apart from legit items. That's why they cause so many problems. One thing however you can see:

Some items may be hacked, this means their stats will altered to make them more powerful, so when you trade for an item make sure you know its approximate stats.

-Backdoor Bandit