Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Duped items

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Meosha, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

Duped items

I have heard several times that single player/open games are full of modded items. Which gives me two questions:

1. Is this acceptable, since it does not impact others?

2. Is there a utility available to do this? I want to run a few experiments.

2. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

First off duping IMO, and I believe is the opinion of others as well, is certainly not acceptable (on the realms). It does impact others by causing the economy to go hairwire (eg. SoJs became worthless because of mass duping).

Secondly you may not ask for hacking/duping programs etc. Its against the rules.

3. GIR

GIR Banned

Personally, I don't see any harm with it in SP. I think what you do on your own computer is your own business.

But on the realms, it's definetly a bad thing.

4. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

I wouldn't want to use it on the realms. I've seen for myself what it's done there.

5. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

I hate dupes, hacks, bots, scams, and everything else used on the realms to change the way the game is supposed to be played. That being said, I don't mind any of these in single player. I've seen some pretty cool things people have made themselves in single player. personally, I think that if you bought the game and can find ways to augment it for your own personal enjoyment, you're more than entitled to do it. When it happens on the realm and affects everyone else who plays, that's the problem. I'd ask this question in the single player forum, where you'll probably find a more receptive audience. Good luck.