Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Duped Items & Worth taking the risk

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by rata, Nov 19, 2006.

?

What kind of buffs do you prefer?

1. Long duration, always on type

16 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Long duration, absorption type; enemies can remove this buff

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Short duration, long cooldown "emergency" powerful buffs

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  4. Active skills that require a proc before you can use it

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Don't know

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. rata

rata IncGamers Member

Duped Items & Worth taking the risk

Okie, we all know that the dupers out there have been very busy giving us good quality products at reduced prices :rolleyes:

I was wondering, beyond the duped runes...would anyone be willing to buy the 2soc CoA's, Griffs, Tyreals, SOJs, knowing that the next time they log on that there's a good chance they'll not be there? BTW I looked at the trade forum and saw a guy post legit self found SOJs, that were bought and later 'poofed' on the buyer (feel bad for the guy :sad2: ).

The more expesive the item, the more likely it's gonna be targetted for duping..and there's no way to tell until it goes 'poof'. So my question is, if or when you pay for the high end items knowing this risk do you buy, do you only buy from 'friends', or on this forum :badteeth: ?

2. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz IncGamers Member

Well it all depends on the stats. A 2soc Coa with poor/average/decent stats probably won't be duped, but something with godly/perfect stats, now that's a different story. I would probably trade for something such as you described though because I like to live dangerously lol.

3. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

i only trade for items that arent worth duping, low-mid stat that have some value
    its not worth it to spend lots of good legit stuff for items that will probably poof

4. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

I'll take anything I want...but thing is, I usually don't want dupe-materiel. Who's gonna dupe an Enchant Ormus? Or a Spirit Monarch (26%...)?

P.S: BTW, this should be a one choice only poll...I don't think you can do "Find your own stuff" and "Trade with whoever"...:grin:

5. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I try to trade for anything expensive I want off of the forums, but if I can't get it here, I'm willing to trade online. If it poofs, it poofs... I don't sweat things if I can help it.

6. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

On these forums, there aren't as much NL players, so trading can be more difficult. I mostly trade on Battle.net: there's always a chance that I get a duped item. I don't even know if my perfect AP Coh is a dupe.

If I know I have a duped item, like a Soj or HR, I'll hurry up and trade it with someone on Battle.net. Too bad if it poofs before I get rid of it.

7. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

I trade for anything on bnet and worry about it later

Never had anything poof on me yet, guess im just lucky.

8. unslayer

unslayer IncGamers Member

life is too short to wait for high runes to drop ;)

9. hhhrobi

hhhrobi IncGamers Member

i only traded on b.net 1 or 2 times... and that was to sell some mid stuff. In rest i only trade on this forum. Even tough you can't allways find the realy high end stuff at least the people are very nice :smiley:

10. plasmo

plasmo IncGamers Member

No, I try to ensure what I trade for isn't going to disappear. I've used duped stuff before, and when it poofs, it's a pain to go looking for it again.

And, since every single character I'm playing now basically needs Infinity (at least to play at the level I want), I have to use dupes, although thankfully I don't have to worry about that disappearing.

11. ael

ael IncGamers Member

I usualy trade the more expensive stuff on the forums, and the less important things that usualy dont get you banned on Bnet. I like a bit more the Bnet trading as it is usualy faster and you find ppl more easily that overpay on Bnet than on the forums.

12. pliu

pliu Banned

I only trade items in the forums. And I normal pay pgems and low runes that found by myself. The HRs and items got from the forums are less like to go proof for me and normally I put the HRs in runewords ASAP.

13. Josiphos

Josiphos IncGamers Member

I never trade for perf items like CoA and griffs b/c

1) You enable the dupers by participating and giving them a market

2) The aggravation of hoping it doesn't poof isn't worth it

3) You dont need perf items. PvM the game is too easy with 'normal' gear and in PvP the added cost of taking your gear from 'excellent' to perfect simply is not worth it. Just imagine how many more duels you could have had, while you were gathering wealth...

Just my 2 cents

14. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I trade if I need something. If it poofs, oh well. I'll just buy another one. I won't fret too much about it. I try to keep most of my trades on this forum though; nicer people.

15. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Really... if it poofs, I just accept it and move on.

That's not to say I'm really rich or anything, but over-worrying about things like this will only hinder your gaming experience..

16. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

Amen. I realize that dueling requires that kind of gear, but come on. The dupers are a big part of why the game is so hard to enjoy already (thanks for your time, would you like some lag with that?), so why encourage them?

17. papajustify

papajustify IncGamers Member

Just thinking......If you buy a duped item and then personalize it, would it change its properties to become "permed", or does that do nothing at all?

18. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

I have not tried it, but I have heard on here before that it did not work.

19. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Just thinking......If you buy a duped item and then personalize it, would it change its properties to become "permed", or does that do nothing at all?

Nothing at all..

20. rata

rata IncGamers Member

btw. just as feedback from the posts i've read...any item is at risk of being duped. i was in a regular trade game where i was looking for a good item, but nothing 'godly'. One chap went to fetch some HRs from his stash that wasn't there, nothing new here..some of the HRs haded poofed. A few minutes later anothe guy entered the game and attempted to fetch an item he wanted to trade, but it wasn't there either. He thought he'd been hacked, but later figured out it had 'poofed' instead. I agree, move on and have some fun...but duping items may be more wide spread and impact 'non-godly' items. Those 2 who entered the trade game though appeared disappointed, one of the reason's why i wrote about this post, so we all can pay a bit more attention to what we trade and have some fun as well if it does go 'poof'.