Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

duped crap

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by donzi, Sep 14, 2006.

1. donzi

donzi IncGamers Member

duped crap

If i think i traded for a duped item if I fill the sockets does that make it perm?

i'm worried i got taken to the cleaners on a duped item i payed alot for and dont want it to poof

Thanks in advance

2. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

Short answer: No

they've been debating some things in this thread.

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=491915

It seems pretty certain there's nothing you can do to save it from a ruststorm - but you may be able to prevent it from "poofing" - at least for a while. In the end you can only be certain by not trading for items that are commonly duped, or in the extreme - just play untwinked.

3. donzi

donzi IncGamers Member

i dont usually trade for perfect items and even in this case its not perfect but very close.. thast y i think it could be duped.. and its a near impossible to find.. its a CoA 2 socket to give you an idea =(

4. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

If it's an imperfect CoA, chances are, it's not duped. But then again, you never know....:rolleyes:

5. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

Neither naming or socketing a duped item perms it.

CTA dropping doesn't perm it, dropping with illegal hacks doesn't perm it.

I don't even think the well-known 'perm method' perms.

It's all a big waste of time =o

6. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

A permanent wave machine will perm though

[​IMG]

7. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

It seems to be generally proven that there isn't any way to "perm" an object. A full rust storm will/should delete all the dupes, cracks, and hacks that are out there. But blizzard very rarely runs a rust strom.

The question really is "What can I do to keep this thing from "poofing"?

This may seem like symantics, but I think its a valid question. If blizzard ever runs a ruststorm (and it wouldn't bother me if they ran one every day) everyone on the realms will be crying about it and we'll all be on near equal footing. It would be almost like a ladder reset. What really bothers me (and what most people are trying to avoid) is just having your items dissapear in between games. I'll call that "poofing".

Just a simple socketing of runes seems to take care of this. There are a few other ideas floating around out there as well. I've heard of cubing runes together as well as selling the item to merchants then buying it back. Of course there's lot sof people out there opening the trade window then exiting quickly on every game too. Most of this is probably B.S. but I would doubt if no one has found a way to keep questionable items from poofing.

Before we dismiss every idea and say, "That won't perm the item - its impossible to perm anything." We should discuss ways of keeping items from "poofing". That's all I really want - and I think the original poster (and most people on b.net) would agree.

@ Merick - Nice one. But didn't the 1.11b patch fix that? If not you should start selling that thing on ebay - or open your own d2 store. I'm sure there's someone out there already offering a "perming" option on all their stuff - for the low, low price of only $99.99. You could corner the market.

8. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

If its an imperf CoA, I doubt its duped.

There are so many duped pcoa's out there now... :tongue:

9. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

I might try M. S. Joyner's Permanent Waving Machine some time. It looks like it might just work...

It's like 78 years old, it's gotta be good.

Does anyone own a working model? Do they know if it works for sure?

/sarcasm