dune has gone 1.12

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member
dune has gone 1.12

with all the high feelings about this patch today i hope this isnt adding fuel to the fire, but i wanted to make it clear that i have installed the new official patch and explain why.

earlier today in a 1.11 mp game i asked the group who would be installing the patch and of the 5 or 6 people in the game only 1 responded and it was a hearty and vehement no.

this is troubling to me because i enjoy hosting and joining the games on this forum.

unfortunatly i also enjoy the occasional foray onto bnet and with the reset would like to play on the fresh ladder for a while.

one cannot join bnet without this patch and i dont want to limit myself by refusing to install it.

since the patch has no game play effects at all i dont understand the reluctance by some to install it, but each to his/her own.

i would like to think that in time some of the people i enjoy mp play with on this forum will install it and we can all move to a 1.12 environment. if that doesnt happen then i fear we will have a split mp scene on the forum and i cant see that being a good thing given that only a small number (relative to total) of us mp at all.

please give it some thought and ask yourself why you are not installing this patch. i would regret not being able to mp with you again.

dune <going back to his half empty bottle :)

TopHatCat64

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: dune has gone 1.12

For me, it really comes down what the majority of the trading/mp community is using. I love to trade and mp'ing is always fun and I definitely don't want to limit my ability to enjoy either.

ATM it appears that the majority of folks are sticking to 1.11b. Therefore, I'm staying put in 1.11b.

I'm sure with time most of the forum will migrate over to 1.12

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member

There's absolutely no reason not to get it. If everyone got it, there'd be no issues with MP/trade! Oh my God!! It's that simple. For pixelhuggers, or crybabies, or whatever you want to call them, to cling to the older version is ridiculous.

In order to get the MP/trade community to go 1.12 (and thus have no issues with versions) people who host games/trade a lot need to step up and get the patch, then others will follow. With any luck by the weekend no one will be hugging 1.11.

I was excited about trying the new ladder again, and thus getting to post another horrors of bnet thread, but I don't know if I'm going to have the five hours or so it takes to get a mat/pat, but if I do get the time, I won't have to waste the 30 seconds it takes to download to get online!

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm running 1.09b classic HFrushes atm while the fallout occurs, but once I get a modified d2gfx.dll file for 1.12a I'll jump into it, and once my final housemate leaves next tuesday I'll be very active in the MP scene

scottee

Diabloii.Net Member

Given the nature of the patch, I see no clear advantage to 1.11 or 1.12. I'm going to switch to 1.12 as well (especially since dune is- one of tghe main hosters for mp :cloud9:), and trust that most people will follow suit.

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member

TopHatCat64, ofc you are right, the majority will lead but someone has to be first.. i hope the rest decide to install.
--
skoolbus, succinct as always :) make your thread grumpydkeeper and i will be playing on bnet in due course.
--
lionheartthebrave, good. looking forward to mp with you. about the dll, pm me your email and ill sort you out... ( thanks to Corrupted, hope you dont mind me sharing the load)
--
scottee, gg :) see you online :)

Jaedhann

Diabloii.Net Member

This is blackmail Dune!

Ok, then let me be the first of the regular traders to patch up. Someone has to do it. I was reluctant because i'm not going to keep seperate 1.11/1.12 stashes. I have to many already. And the only way to let this slide easily is if everybody patches up. So let me be the first regular trader.

*patching up tomorrow

[edit]Unless, hmm. would we have to tag our items as 1.11-found thy? Or could i just declare my whole 1.11 collection as 1.12?

Xdeathfire

Diabloii.Net Member

I think that I will be returning to Diablo II this summer yet again, but with my sorc and stash items. I'm probably gonna patch to 1.12 too as long as I can find my Diablo II installation CD.

Hoop76

Diabloii.Net Member

I know im no regular trader or multiplayer, but i patched up without second thoughts as soon as i read a new patch that didn't affect gameplay was here. Started on the new bnet HC ladder. Not sure how long thats gonna last though.

grumpyskeeper

Diabloii.Net Member

Blackmail indeed!

Now I have no choice but to upgrade or else I will no longer be receving goodies from dune! (He is still paying me up for the ber rune I let him keep)

I don't trade ( yet) and ( almost ) only mp with dune for fear I will slow everyone down, but I could say I am getting better--first HC chr made all the way o hell..yey!!-- I will be joining in more often, more so next month when I will be in UK and don't need to b up till 2am to mp.

Joosh

Diabloii.Net Member

This is blackmail Dune!

Ok, then let me be the first of the regular traders to patch up. Someone has to do it. I was reluctant because i'm not going to keep seperate 1.11/1.12 stashes. I have to many already. And the only way to let this slide easily is if everybody patches up. So let me be the first regular trader.

*patching up tomorrow

[edit]Unless, hmm. would we have to tag our items as 1.11-found thy? Or could i just declare my whole 1.11 collection as 1.12?
Well I suppose if Jae is patching, I'll have to patch as well purely to maintain hosting capabilities and I don't see the point in not doing it if everyone else is, hey... at least I wont have to use the CD anymore, and perhaps there will be no dupes on bnet this time (yeah right...).

Dune seems to have gotten the ball rolling, 1.12 here I come.

Joosh :thumbsup:

Schmaleop

Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm Dune has patched and he is one of the two main Baal MP hosts. Pity, but have to wait and see what the overall MP consensus is.

Fabian

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm upgrading too, and I see no reason why anyone wouldn't. I suspect 95% will have upgraded relatively soon, hopefully the other 5% will follow eventually.

wakiki

Diabloii.Net Member

I think what people are worried about is whether or not this will affect RRM/RWM.

If I simply click the bnet button to download the patch, will those mods still work?

This has been asked before but I saw no definitive answer.

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member

RibGriller, the new chr i made in 1.12 this evening opened ok in atma and all the items i found in 1.12 open ok too. they say 1.10+ same as 1.11.
--
wakiki , you will need to start diablo with a vanilla shortcut (just click on the cd to start the game if you dont have a vanilla shortcut) or the update will fail. also if you have the multi instance dll installed you have to put the original dll back or the update will fail.

after you install you can remake the game with your rwm shortcut np.

i hosted earlier with rwm installed but i havent made any new runewords yet. i dont have rrm so i dont know if that works but from reading other threads today i dont see any problems. dune

leetserv

Diabloii.Net Member

For the people who still want to baal but don't want to patch up just yet, i will keep hosting 1.11b baals for a while.

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not at my home pc right now so I can't double check it, but I remember when you create a new stash or char in ATMA, you need to specify 1.10, 1.11. I guess that really only affects trading, but will that be affected? Or, is that a question for the ATMA thread?

scottee

Diabloii.Net Member

RibGriller, the new chr i made in 1.12 this evening opened ok in atma and all the items i found in 1.12 open ok too. they say 1.10+ same as 1.11.
--
wakiki , you will need to start diablo with a vanilla shortcut (just click on the cd to start the game if you dont have a vanilla shortcut) or the update will fail. also if you have the multi instance dll installed you have to put the original dll back or the update will fail.

after you install you can remake the game with your rwm shortcut np.

i hosted earlier with rwm installed but i havent made any new runewords yet. i dont have rrm so i dont know if that works but from reading other threads today i dont see any problems. dune
Interesting. I opened and upgraded with my normal RRM/RWM shortcut, and had no probs. Haven't made any new runewords yet, but RRM was still working for me.