Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dumped.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ThroughTheWire, Feb 1, 2004.

1. ThroughTheWire

ThroughTheWire IncGamers Member

Dumped.

Women, i just dont understand them. My girlfriend decided we would be "better off as friends". She gave no other reason. This really cought me off guard because we have been doing so well, and i treat this girl like a princess. I dont think this thread really has a purpose, but emotions really suck...

2. GIR

GIR Banned

Usually means she's been either seeing someone else, or has got bored with you.

Some of the lovely ladies on this forum can probably provide some more (and probably better) insight, though.

3. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

well.. there ya go, especially if your in highschool. It scares em away more than it attracts them, don't ask me why cause i have no clue.

4. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I agree there.

I know it sounds kinda stupid, but take it from me IT IS BEST TO STOP TALKING ALTOGETHER IF YOU STILL LIKE HER!!! Best thing to do. It will only cause more pain later on if you keep in contact.

5. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

The Blanket Effect

Young women need to experience relationships in an open fashion, that is to say, they need to experience life in its entirety on their own. If you shower someone with gifts, she may feel obligated towards you in a way that is uncomfortable to her. Very few women actually marry their high school boyfriends, despite what you may read in the papers. This is due to the lack of decorum often exhibited by these young men, who may come off as controlling, conniving, and smothering.

I very much doubt that you ever meant to smother her and stifle her creativity but this is probably how she perceived your affections. And it has been my experience that perception of reality is more real than reality itself.

6. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Treating highschool girls = bad idea. Cougar has it right. It scares them off.

In my experience when highschool guys say they treated a girl like a princess or whatever it means they let the girl walk all over them or just plain sucked up. That doesn't work with girls. After all, could you respect someone who was a complete ***-kisser to you?

7. GIR

GIR Banned

When you're in High School, you get the idea that you're going to find the perfect love and all that.

You soon realize that that's not the case. The best thing you can do is have fun. Try to find some of the more interesting relationships. Take one of mine that I still laugh about to this day because I still have no idea how it happened.

I ws at my friend's house, and there were a couple of girls there. I forget what I did exactly, but I proceded to torment one of them in a playful fashion. One thing leads to another, and she slugs me right in the face. 30 serconds later, we're making out on my friends couch. One of the more... unique... experiences I've had. Catholic girl, too. She was... *couch* fun.

8. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Lucky Devil!

All the Catholic girls at my high school liked all the secular guys from the public schools and shunned us moral Catholic guys. Ah well, c'est le vie!

9. piff

piff IncGamers Member

Take my advice:

HS girlfriends/boyfriends are, in my opinion, important for some people. For some, like me, they are one of the few people to be there for you all the time. You're in high school, people think they are suppposed to stab you in the back. Find someone who is fun and will support and help you, and you're in good. Kinda lay down some rules, too. Such as allowing each other to flirt, but nothing more. It doesn't isolate either of you, and it keeps friends close. Buy gifts on holidays, not just for the hell of it. But most of all, have a good time.

10. Nword

Nword Banned

Piff is much closer to being enlightened than me, no doubt.

I've got myself in this little situation where the girl i've asked out has taken over a month and still hasn't decided if she wants to go out... (theres been more to this freak relationship than me just asking her out)

Just proves teen girls usually are :xmad:

11. Maverikk

Maverikk IncGamers Member

I hear that g-a-y relationships in highschool work well. You might want to try those.

12. Nword

Nword Banned

Really?

I hear the homophobia is rather common too...

13. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I've got bad news for you highschool guys... women don't get any less crazy as you get older. :(

14. Nword

Nword Banned

Do we men get crazier and therefore more compatible with women as we get older? :xbeard:

15. piff

piff IncGamers Member

Move on...she isn't going to go with you. I garuntee it. And if she does...a little revenge never hurts.

And homosexuality or wanna-be-homosexuality is relitivly common...but so is homophobia.

16. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Depends. My suggestion would be to start drinking heavily in order to keep up.

17. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

it's more of giving up trying to understand

18. TurdFergusen

TurdFergusen Banned

Welcome to Dumpsville, population, you.

19. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

You can't understand women. Don't try.

But after awhile you will start to get over her and somebody better will come along. :D

20. GIR

GIR Banned

Hah. Morals. Morals get you staying home on weekends and doing homework. No morals gets you shameless wild nights at Club Hell.