Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dumb noob question on gambling

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Scattershot, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Scattershot

Scattershot IncGamers Member

Dumb noob question on gambling

So I'm a little confused from the site info in regards to gambling and would like to understand a few things.

The way I read it you used to not be able to gamble uniques in pre 1.some-version-number, but you can now? Also can you gamble set items? Finally, as long as you are within the item level of the exceptional version of an item it has a chance to produce said exceptional?

Thanks, and sorry for the dumb question. :smiley:

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Correct, correct and correct.

Originally, it was possible to gamble for sets and uniques (quite easily, infact), but then Blizzard removed that in patch 1.07. Blizzard re-added the chance to gamble for sets and uniques in patch 1.09, but with a -very- slim chance to. They slightly increased this chance in patch 1.10, but it's still incrediably hard to do so. That said, it is possible to gamble for uniques and sets.

And yes, you can gamble for the exceptional and elite versions of the items on the gamble screen. The gambling screen will always only display the normal version of the item though.

3. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Gambling is completely dependant on the character level of the gambler. Nothing else matters. Not who, not where, not the difficulty. There are certain items that can decrease the cost of gambling like a Edge runeword bow (-15%) and a gheeds charm (10-15%).

Good luck!:thumbsup:

4. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

I was under the impression that if you are in classic, you can't gamble a exceptional or elite(duh, no elite items in classic) version of a item which has exceptional and elite types.
    But perhaps either of you chaps can shed some light on that. :)

5. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Only the normal version of an item will show in the gambling window, with the exception of Coronets and Tiaras. But if you are high enough level, you have a chance of gambling an exceptional from the normal item shown.

Edit: I did a Javazon in classic a few months back, and was quite suprised to learn that there are no magic or rare javs in classic. Even though they show up in the gambling window, you can only gamble "superiors".
    DOH!!!:shocked: