Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

dumb necromancer / MF question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by DjLando, Mar 23, 2004.

1. DjLando

DjLando IncGamers Member

dumb necromancer / MF question

hi all,

just started a skellymancer on hardcore, doing ok so far.

I transferred all my MF gear to this character, just to wonder: does wearing the MF gear on a necromancer help? Because its my skellies who do the damage / get the kills...Same with mana/life leech, is it usefull or do the hits made by my skellies dont count for me?

Damn i hope the MF gear works.. please give me more insight in this problem.

thanks in advance! :worship:

Lando

2. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Yes it does and very well indeed.

When a minion of yours kills an enemy it takes your Magic Find value into account.

It is an even better case with mercenaries. Here your MF gets added to the MF the mercenary might have.

So, don't fear. A skelliemancer can indeed be an easy and effective Magic Finder early on. If you add some Chrushing Blow to your mercenary they can even run Hell Baal.

3. DjLando

DjLando IncGamers Member

so mana/life leech is also viable? :)

4. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

If you mean that those skellies get the LL you have on equip, no I don't think so.

If you mean that when skellies do dmg you gain life, I don't think so either.

Only way for your skellies to leech is the curse lifetap afaik.

5. ondergetekende

ondergetekende IncGamers Member

True, and I'd like to add that there is no way for your necro to leech life/mana except to do physical damage himself (thus carrying a weapon). But that's not what your necro is built for, so you can keep you life up with life replenish or red potions.

6. weregamer

weregamer IncGamers Member

Most skellymancers don't get anywhere near combat if they can help it, which means that life replenishment is not a real issue for them and they gladly fill their equipment with MF gear. There is one build guide on the Necromancer strategy forum called a "Commando", which was its writer's response to feeling kinda dumb sitting around, kicking barrels, lobbing the occasional curse or recast, and waiting for his minions to do all the work. I'm not sure if it's updated for 1.10, though.

7. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

If you have Corpse Explosion, I see that as being more than just cursing. I always feel like I'm in the action.

8. Jay20016

Jay20016 IncGamers Member

I have finally gotten my MF Necro into Hell, attempting Baal right now. He is decked out with about 500%MF and I think I've died only three times total (mostly my fault, or from King Leoric's chance to cast Bone Prison)

My Necro is a Summoner + Corpse Explosion which works phenomenally. Doing a Diablo run, I got an IK Maul, Near Perfect Buriza(+def is only 100), and Nai's armor. If you do your stat points right, meaning enough for gear, enough in Dex to get a decent block rate (40-60% depending on the shield) and the rest into Vitality, you should be good to go. Bone Armor is your friend as is Bone Wall. The key to a MF Necro is how you use your skills. Using Bone Wall for crowd control, or to save you from missles, can extend your life and the life of your skellies.

I reccommend that you get an A2 Might Merc (NM Offensive) as without mine, things can take a while to kill. You'll want Corpse Explosion for A4 and A5 as it is especially useful against the Maggot Babies and Pit Lords. You'll want to Amp Damage them, then cast CE hoping to get a chain going. I believe using this strategy it took me about ten minutes to clear the sanctuary and then another 5 to kill Diablo.