Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Duelwield: Which mods are shared?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Fuzzier, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

Duelwield: Which mods are shared?

I'm building a Frenzy Barb, I tested some weapons, and find that not all mods on either weapon is shared.
    For example: Lawbringer Sword + Other Sword. Lawbringer has a "Slain Monster Rest In Pease" mod, this is not shared, which means the only slain monsters which will rest in pease are those who is killed by the Lawbringer Sword, not the Other Sword. Strangely enough, when I war cry a pack of monsters to death, all the monsters are rest in pease...
    I'm curious which mods are shared among duelwielded swords?
    1. on-striking, on-attacking skills?
    2. life/mana leech?
    3. aura level stack?
    4. attack rating? +xx% attack rating?
    5. ignore target defense? -xx% target defense? -xx target defense per hit?
    6. attack rating against demon/undead? +xx% damage against demon/undead?
    7. openwounds? crushing blow? deadly strike? slow target?
    8. any other I didn't mention here.
    Thanks!

2. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

The warcry example seems a bit strange, but that could just be a bug. As to your other questions, I can answer all of them I thinks ;)

Weapon specific mods, or "on weapon mods", do not carry over..ie) leech, att bonus, ctc, cb, ds etc etc. They will appy only to the weapon they appear on.

However, if that weapon has an "off weapon mod", like a damage aura, it will translate over to your other weapon. Hope it helps.

3. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

war cry doesn't seem like a bug - its a spell so they are not killed by a specific weapon.

4. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

If I had to guess, I'd say that's probably because you have the Lawbringer in your main hand. Put it in your off-hand (put it on the right side of your screen, put the other weapon on the left, and hit weapon switch twice) and try again. See if the monsters still RIP.

1. No.
    2. No.
    3. Yes.
    4. Yes. Yes.
    5. No. No. Yes.
    6. Dunno. Dunno.
    7. No. No. No. No.
    8. Sort of. See Below:

Also not shared: Knockback, Damage to Undead, Damage to Demons, Prevent Monster Heal, etc.

Mods that are shared (sort of):
    IAS- when you're dual-wielding, both weapons share the IAS of your primary weapon (the one on the left side of the Barbarian, in HIS right hand), while ignoring the IAS of your secondary weapon.
    +% Elemental Damage/-% Enemy Resists- If you have say a Crescent Moon in one hand (-35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance), and a Gimmershred in the other, the Gimmershred *WILL* benefit from the lowered resists. Same deal with +% Elemental damage.

Other than IAS (which is shared on the primary and ignored on the secondary) and the +% Elemental/-% Resists mods, I can't think of a damage-related mod off the top of my head that is shared.

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I'm fairly certain you have a separate AR for each weapon. I can't verify this at the moment, but I seem to remember equipping two different weapons at low level, one with more AR than the other, and seeing two different ARs for Normal Attack in the LCS.
    It would stand to reason that whatever rule applies to regular AR would also apply to AR vs. demon/undead, correct?

6. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

I tested, and you are right.
    War Cry (all spells?) uses the mods on the primary weapon.

7. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

To be honest, I really haven't done much AR testing, so you very well might be right. I think it'd be a simple matter to test (mod a weapon with 1 point of fire damage and +10,000 AR, and another weapon with 1 point of cold damage and no AR boost, and then swing and see which triggers more often), but I've never gotten around to doing those simple tests. If you have a credible source (or if you've done some testing yourself) that says that AR isn't shared, then absolutely trust that over me.:smiley:

Dunno. Enhanced Damage and Enhanced Damage vs. Undead are both treated differently by the game, so it's possible +AR and +AR vs. Undead are, as well. I doubt it, but I certainly don't know one way or the other, so I just said that I didn't know.

8. Barloc

Barloc IncGamers Member

9. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

There's a simple answer as well. A column in ItemStatCost.txt called damagerelated is used to see if a stat (such as +ar) transfers to another weapon. A "1" means no, and an empty cell means yes. All stats dealing with +ar have a "1", so they don't transfer.

+% dmg to undead/demons and +ar to demons/undead don't transfer and the latter works just like plain +ar, except only against that type of monster of course.

The LCS averages the ar figures, because it's always lying.

10. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

Oh, it's very interesting. I should check ItemStatCost.txt right now!
    Thanks!