Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Duels & Paladin Problems

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by superdude0526, Mar 18, 2004.

1. superdude0526

superdude0526 IncGamers Member

Duels & Paladin Problems

I was in a dueling game yesterday and this Paladin was just "raping" everyone. I think the lowest clvl was 82 for all the players. I have a clvl 83 LF zon and this guy was not even taking any damage. I have etheral Titans and 50% in D/A/E, 16 points in Pierce and I'm wearing Razortail and could not even hurt this guy.

I could throw about 5 LF spears at him and he would not even take any damage at all. Then he would finally get a bead on me and use charge and in 1 hit I was dead. Even with almost 1000 hp. Has anyone else had problems with pallys like this?

2. Random

Random IncGamers Member

This is why it did no damage:

- LF does very little damage in PvP. Without subtracting the PvP factors LF only does barely over 2000, or perhaps less.

- Maxing lightning resistance will cause LF to do around 100 dmg

- Using lightning absorb will cause LF to do around 0.

- Palidins have lots of life. Especially if thet maxed vit (hopefully), use life charms, and have CTA.

- Under 1000 life is very low. I would try to get 1500+. If your zon dies in one hit, its's very dangerous. try using damage reduction gear, it will help you last longer. The Pally's charge is very powerful especially if he maxed synergies and uses enhanced damage gear.

My advice is to use the bow against Paladins. Once they are up close, even a javazon will have dificulties. If your not a bowazon, it least put one skill in guided arrow. Its either you kill him before he comes, you kill him with a maxed CS or you die.

3. this_barb

this_barb IncGamers Member

lol... dont give him misinformation please...

dont EVER pull out your bow against a paladin...

you will be dead before you even realize it because that paladin has a very potent skill known as... CHARGE

also, light fury transfer physical damage as well as lightning damage if i remember correctly. why your not doing any damage, i dont know. but if you really want to kill him, (and hes on the same level as you are, gearwise) just use jab or something, but light fury should be able to take care of him if your smart.

4. Wizard_Demonic

Wizard_Demonic IncGamers Member

Hmmm

Your telling ppl not to give misinformation and you said to use jab or something when he charges.....my question is where would u like me to bury u after your done dying?I'd rather pull a bow out especially if the zon using it has kb and if your zon dies in 1 hit regardless with 1k life only it wont really matter dont be discouraged fellow zon stay strong. Also if light fury doesnt work and your a light based zon best to face 2 facts 1.He has maxed resist and a good amount of absorb=Why bother or 2.Or u can just get another char and kill him :"D.

My 2 cents for today
    -Wiz-
    My Pvp Quote for today: We pwned u!!!!even if it was 6 on 1 :"D

5. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

Most pallys that are designed for pal vs. pal have stacked light res and absorb to negate foh. Lightning attacks won't do any damage at all. Best bet for zons is to use a bow even though charge could potentially be a one-hit killer. Jab wouldn't be a good idea assuming the pally would use smite if melee ever occurred.

6. superdude0526

superdude0526 IncGamers Member

I di not think about using Jab and I have that skill maxed out and it does very high damage as I use this skill to take out Meph, Diablo and Baal in Hell. So if I can use it on them I should be able to use it on the Pally's here. As an afterthought, why isn't the "physical" damage from the javelin damaging the pally? I have very high throw dmg without calculating in the LF dmg. Also my critical strike is at slvl 16 and I'm getting at least 5 or 6 throws before he's able to get a bead on me. I'm thinking in the many times I dueled this guy at least 1 javelin would have had a critical stike hit and the pally die in 1 shot. This is what usually happen in my other duels, they think they are not going to hurt because they have LR maxed and high LA on them.But they are not expecting a thrown javelin with the potential of 1800 throw damage and then what if critical strike kicks in? I have taken down many high lvl chars well into there 90's this way and they usually die in one or two hits and are left wondering what hit them? Hence I'm surprised the pally could survive my attacks and take no damage at all. No one was able to kill this pally in an 8 player duel free for all!