Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Duel tactics for Blizz sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Baztard, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Baztard

Baztard IncGamers Member

Duel tactics for Blizz sorc

Can anybody suggest something?

2. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

using blizzard is not hard vs your avg player, but some ppl thay have high cold resist levels and absorb. cast blizzard so thay walk into it and keep casting it, the more u cast it the more likely thay will get hit. sorc vs sorc, this is where it can be hard. is best to cast it but not to kill them, but to give them something to avoid, this gives you time to take note of the way thay play so u can place blizzard where thay are likely to be, and try and use ice blast its a good skill nd can be something to force them into a place where u see them going and place your killing blizzard

3. Zechs_Zechs

Zechs_Zechs IncGamers Member

One word: Teleport

Alot.

What I do when I feel the need (and yes, sometimes I do) to play my blizz sorc in duels, I teleport alot.

One way (the way I use) to get around those pesky people with max cold resist is mastery. My blizz sorc has 20 in mastery and does very well. 20 in mastery, with no + to skills, is -115 to your enemies cold resist. even people with 95 cold resist will still be at -20 resist.

Absorb, what can I say, just max synergies so it does alot of damage.

Strategy: (this is what works for me) Teleport around, get close, cast blizzard, tele away, but not too far, as multiple castings may be required. Also, as already said, a few random blizzards near your opponent is effective as they go away from it.

One last thing, please dont town gaurd (it can be really nasty and annoying)

Hope this helps

-zechs

4. CoRrUpTeD_ArChAnGeL

CoRrUpTeD_ArChAnGeL IncGamers Member

i was wondering wat stats would u want for a blizz sorc.... i know u would need enough str for items nd enough dex for max block but i dunt know abut the energy nd vit

5. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

Assuming you have enough gear to make a capable pvp sorc, you should have plenty of mana from items, and should go with base energy. As much into vita as is possible is always nice.

6. CoRrUpTeD_ArChAnGeL

well im gunna make mai blizz sorc only for mfing pindel not pvp

7. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

Then it's less of an issue, put as much into energy as you feel you need to be comfortable, wearing all your gear. (Although, if you're running Pindle only, I'd think you wouldn't need as much mana anyway, fast runs and all, so more life would be better maybe.)

8. CoRrUpTeD_ArChAnGeL

well now i think about it i will pvp nd mf wit this sorc such i heard u can do about 45k with blizz. but im not only gunna mf at pindel...mayb the ancient tunnels nd the maulosen(spelling).