Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

duel element question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by bluedragoon, Mar 28, 2005.

1. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

duel element question

Hi i want to make a mf sorc who can kill evrything in the game. I don't need her to be super-duper fast, but she must be able to kill. I have a blizz sorc who is very fast, but her merc just cant kill all the immunes on his own. What's the best duel element build for mfing in the pits, ancient tunnels, shenkie, eldricht, tresh socket, baal's minions, and maybe meffie, andy and the mausoleum ?

here's the equipment im planning on using:
    helm: shako
    armor: tal rasha
    weapon1: occu
    shield1: spirit
    weapon2: ali baba
    shield2: rhyme
    belt: tal rasha
    amulet: tal rasha
    boots: wt
    gloves: chanchies
    ring1:soj/nagel
    ring2:raven/nagel

im going all vita, cuz i have the most experience with that, and I'm planning on becoming at least lvl 85-90

please help me decide what build to use, and name the pros and cons, and give some advice about my equip, and remember im pure mf! thnx in advance

2. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

If I were you , I would go for a meteorb. And switch the harlequin and oculus for the other parts of tal rasha's set. The -15% fire resist and 15% cold skill dmg help alot more in the end. Your resist will be higher , your life and mana almost the same. And your dmg will be higher aswell (effective dmg).

3. bluedragoon

if i would do that i would lose 120 mf, what is enough mf to be effective ?

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Occulus gives 50% and Harlequinn Crest gives 50%...100% not 120%.

There isn't a specific number where Mf is most efficient...more is always better, but you need to be able to kill efficiently too...If a run with 500% MF takes 12 min and a run with 200% takes 5 min then 200% is better. I find that 200% is a good start, very easy to achieve and will barely hamper your killing/surviving ability while still giving good items. 300-400% is probably optimal if you can still kill/survive. Magic Find also has severe diminishing returns so the difference between 400% and 600% is almost nothing.

5. k/t

k/t Banned

Hehe, a "pure mf" will die the moment she sets foot outside camp. I made a Meteorb with the intention of using her as an MF sorc. She's 89 right now, and does rather well. She has 75 resists and max block. I maxed Orb, Fireball, Meteor, Fire Mastery, and now I'm putting points in Cold Mastery. Orb does...uh...I don't remember how much damage, but Fireball does 3.3k or so on average, and Meteor does 8.4-8.9k.

Harlequin Crest
    Skullder's
    Tal ammy
    Tal belt
    Wizardspike/Gull
    Moser's with 2 P Diamonds/Rhyme
    Chance Guards
    War Traveler
    SOJ
    Magic MF ring

~1010 life, ~860 mana.

Only +6 to skills, but she can tank the 3rd, 4th and 5th groups of minions in the Throne of Destruction (Holy Freeze merc all the way!), the Council in Travincal, and generally any monster, with ease, except the frenzying Death Lords (Moon Lords? Blood Lords?). She kills Meph easily, same as Pindle and Andy (she's vulnerable to fire), Eldritch and Shenk. Oh yeah, she can also kill Baal and all his minions by herself (not just tank them), despite my atrocious lag, just because she is built to survive. Never went MFing in the Ancient Tunnels - is that a level 85 area? By the looks of things, your resists will be somewhat low...may want to work on that - unless I am mistaken.

Pros and cons...hmmm...once in a while there's a Fire/Cold Immune Vampire minion boss in Durance level 3 (I know they're called Something Lord, but I'm getting mixed up right now with the frenzying monsters. In this case, Vampire = monsters that float above the floor and use Meteor, Fireball and Firewall). My merc always killed him, except for one time when he was Stone Skin as well, so I just left, having already killed Meph.
    I think you'll always be able to use your fire spells against the monsters you named. In the Pit, the Fallen are always Fire Immune, but my Orb always kills their kind easily, and yours should do even more damage than mine. I think many of the Dark Spearwoman-type monsters are Lightning Immune, as well as some of the skeletons and all the Deformed-type monsters (bulls that shoot lightning balls). I use my summoner to do Pit runs - I think he does it faster than a sorc would, and he doesn't have to worry about what monster's immune to what...nothing's immune to SKELETON POWER!

Edit: Oculus is 50, Harlequin is 50, but it gets a P Topaz for 24 more.

Edit 2: Wait, you can also stick a P Topaz in Tal's helm, haha. Oops. Besides, resists is what's it's all about, especially if you're gonna have low block. Your life orb goes empty like THAT if resistances are low.

6. bluedragoon

i think im going with full tal, a soj, and a nagel and lots of mf charms, and meteorb sorc thnx for the tips guys

7. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

Oh yeah and while we are on this topic, i was wondering which shield to use with my new Full tals meteorb mf/rusher.
    So far i have all of tals set except armour which i should get soon, magefists a couple of nagels and wartravs. With shield i have option of Um'd stormshield or Spirit. Stormshield would be if i went block route and spirit pure vita. So far all sorcs i have made have been dex, and im wondering how tank pure vita sorcs are, because i really like those mods on spirit Q_Q.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

8. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Well I really dislike max block, that being said I made my last MF sorc aiming for max block route. The problem is that you don't block you are most likley dead :(. If you want to go block I'd suggest a 2 pdiamond upped mosers, but if you have the str to wear a Spirit, why not do what I did:
    Weapon : Occy (isted), Wizardspike (IO) on the switch
    Sheild : SS (IO/or Mosers), Spirit on the switch

That way you can teleport fast (breaks the 105 FCR), yet get decent mf, and high resists/block on the switch.

9. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

My mf sorc used a spirit shield. She got a 35% FCR spirit and with that she got 105% FCR. Which is another advantage when using fireball / static / teleport. :D I had a merc who tanked for me , so I didn't need block at all.