Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Duel Ali baba Vs Duel Echoers

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by PikeyPriest, Feb 15, 2004.

1. PikeyPriest

PikeyPriest IncGamers Member

Dual Ali baba Vs Dual Echoers

I found my first ali baba today on a countess run (make up for the fact she only dropped a tir tune :yawn: ) and i was wondering whether i should sacrifice the 80is MF (+ 48 from 2 socketed p topaz) or a +3 warcries sword??

Also, is the trade value any good on these? I am trying to complete my IK set.

2. PikeyPriest

PikeyPriest IncGamers Member

Sry, not perfect topaz, they are useless for weapons :). Would it be worth putting IST runes in? Or is their value for trading far outweigh this use?

3. Nathanjk

Nathanjk IncGamers Member

What i do is just put a few low lvl mf jewels in the sockets. I dont think that it is worth it to put ists in it and you could just as well get another 10 mf per socket if your not going to use them anyway.

4. JohnofTesh

JohnofTesh IncGamers Member

If you are using the ali baba to get in the final hit consider putting a shael in the one your barb swings to speed up the attack some. If you are just using it for horking or flashing when the merc makes a nice kill then mf jewel or ist them.

I always go with the dual ali baba setup for pwm softcore. I'll take the big boost in mf for the 6 extra lvls of battle orders any day. If I can't stay alive with lvl 26 Battle Orders, I'm probably dead with lvl 32 Battle Orders anyway.

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

To be blunt, a plain alibaba (ie. non isted) is completely worthless compared to the value of an ik armor. If you are talking about the other ik pieces then an alibaba should be able to get you something from those.