Dude, I bought an iMac!!

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
Dude, I bought an iMac!!

Processor 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
Graphics Memory NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600 GT w/256
Hard Drive 250GB Serial ATA Drive
Optical Drive SuperDrive 8X (DVDR-DL/CD-RW)
Modem None
Apple Software Solutions Aperture
MAC OS Language Kybd, Mighty Mse & Mac OS X
Country Kit Country Kit

24 inch monitor too.

I am just starting to find my way around it.

Gertlex

Banned
Modem None
Country Kit Country Kit

24 inch monitor too.

This was the thing you were referring to in the christmas wish thread, wasn't it? Cool :)

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member
Modem None
Country Kit Country Kit

24 inch monitor too.

why isn't there an emoticon for drools?

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
That's awesome. It's the same one my sister just bought. Congrats and welcome to the dark side!

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
MC, with the Apature software and options, it was about $2,600. I paid cash.

Rafty, I am supposed to keep fluids away from it.

Durf, how the heck do I right click to say get the properties for a picture? I wanted to link the one from my blog but I don't know how.

MC, with the Apature software and options, it was about $2,600. I paid cash.

Rafty, I am supposed to keep fluids away from it.

Durf, how the heck do I right click to say get the properties for a picture? I wanted to link the one from my blog but I don't know how.
Not too bad, I think the monitor alone makes it worth that.

As for right click, I think it's that funky apple key + mouse click.

Thelioness

Diabloii.Net Member
Why did Amra buy your sister's computer? Didn't she want it anymore? Are Apple products that sucky? I mean, I know they aren't Amigas, but come on, man!
Actually, I think it is sort of like the google mail referal program. You can't buy one unless you have a referal from someone that already has one.

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
The thing came with a mighty mouse, right? Go to the system preferences > keyboard and mouse > mouse and set it up so a right click is a right click. I have the little scroller nipple set to "button 3," which lets me open links in tabs in Safari and Firefox.

And does Safari have tabs? lol
Yup. In the Safari prefs (Apple-comma in Safari) there are a bunch of settings for tab behavior. Mine are set to open in the background so they don't steal focus when I click a link on a page I'm reading. You should also go in those prefs and unclick the button that says "open safe files after downloading," since it, well, isn't actually safe. :scared:

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh, those specs look almost like a list of PC specs... how times have changed.

Can someone translate that into an equivalent PC for me?

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I have the 23" monitor now and I'm leaning toward that iMac when it comes time to replace my creaking G4 tower. Two screens of that size will make me all, like, productive. And stuff.

The Dell monitors are much better deals than the Apple ones, though, I must say. They come with handy ports for digital camera media, too.

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
The thing came with a mighty mouse, right? Go to the system preferences > keyboard and mouse > mouse and set it up so a right click is a right click. I have the little scroller nipple set to "button 3," which lets me open links in tabs in Safari and Firefox.

Yup. In the Safari prefs (Apple-comma in Safari) there are a bunch of settings for tab behavior. Mine are set to open in the background so they don't steal focus when I click a link on a page I'm reading. You should also go in those prefs and unclick the button that says "open safe files after downloading," since it, well, isn't actually safe. :scared:
I got the tabbed browsing to work.

However, I can't get that right click set right. ><

There is one drop down menu thing that points to both buttoms (one on each side).

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
You sure that isn't the menu on the bottom of that preference pane, the one that lets you set the side squeeze buttons?