Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dual Wielding for PvP

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Ch0zen, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Ch0zen

Ch0zen IncGamers Member

Dual Wielding for PvP

Instead of going for the eth BotD Great PoleAxe, what do you guys think about a Eth BotD Zerker and a Beast Zerker? Would it work out? Or is it better just going all out 2 hand. Kinda wondering about using Doom Zerker as well. :scratch:

-Duel wieldiong would be mainly vs any char that i dont need resist agains't i.e. necros, smiters, or to just have fun and go on a rampage :D

2. mcm

mcm Banned

I made a doom/beast frenzy barb, somewhat oriented towards PVP. Well, now he's totally PVP because I made the dumbass mistake of using superior ettin axes for the base weapons, and the repair costs are SICKENING (we're talking 150-200k gold for a typical baal run.)

At level 76 I have taunt and double swing synergies maxed for frenzy, and only 11 points in frenzy because w/ beast you only need a small amount of IAS and around level 20 frenzy (w/ skills) to get a 5 frame attack. I have 1 point in the axe mastery and max BO. My biggest problem is attack rating. It is only around 6600 per axe, which doesn't seem to cut it against many characters. I would expect putting points into the master from here on (instead of the frenzy skill) would be better for AR (dmg boosts level on level are the same for mastery vs frenzy, but AR boost is one better at 8% versus 7%, plus an increased chance of CS.)

This build is quite effective against caster classes where a shield doesn't help so much anyway, and it is also very flexible due to one only needing 15% ias on non-weapon items to achieve a 5 frame attack. This means that all of your armour is interchangable, but I've found enigma to be the best all round armour (foot speed, teleport is handy to use instead of wasting a point or two on leap/leapattack, added dmg through str boost, and other handy mods) and an arreats helps a lot on all fronts. Besides that I use gore riders for chance of Good Things Happening. I swap out belt/gloves/ammy/rings depending on the opponent. These items all offer absorb/high resists if you have the right gear. Hardest opponent is definitely a ww barb since they are not badly affected by the holy freeze aura from doom. Most melee opponents are pretty sluggish, but watch out for fanat/holyfreeze paladins -- they have a shield and you dont. Besides my singing barb, this is probably my most effective anti-caster build, but he certainly has a long way to go especially in the charms department.

3. zolas

zolas IncGamers Member

Is "Frenzy" efficient in PVP? I am worrying about the frames between two Frenzy attacks. For example, when frenzy meets paladin's zeal or druid's fury, what happens?

4. Ch0zen

Ch0zen IncGamers Member

I wasn't planning on using frenzy. I was gonna dual wield using WW as attack

5. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Well thats what I was going to say, dont stop with Frenzy, go full WW. I think a duel weilding barb can very much handle pvp. Tho the usual problems vs people with shields, but doesnt most classes have the "hard" opponent to fight, not impossible, just hard.
    I've always like the 2 sword ideas, as in mix matching alot of different stats, as far as passive goes, and going for what you say "RAMPAGE!!" Hell ya man, go for it.:)