Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dual PvPers

Discussion in 'PvP' started by ArchsageVal, May 24, 2008.

1. ArchsageVal

ArchsageVal IncGamers Member

Dual PvPers

I want to focus on two PvP characters. I already have a 1v7 hammerdin and it works well for pubbashing but hammerdin is kind of boring. Basically, if I were to pool entire my DII wealth into 2 PvP characters, where one character could easily take anything the other character couldn't, what would they be? I was thinking:

1)
    BvC
    Hammerdin w/ Grief switch
    2)
    Wind Druid
    Smiter
    3)
    Bone Necro
    BvC

Not sure what to make for an unstoppable 2's combo, feel free to come up with a good combo of your own, mine probably suck! I just started playing religiously again on West Lad for those know recognize me :)

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  2. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

Re: Dual PvPers

If using non-hammerdin then I'd go for bone necro + windy or ghost + bone nec

bone necs are just good. can hangle all characters except windy and have hard time against good bvc and sins (but not impossilbe matches. somewhat favouring nec here :p)
    which makes ghost a good back up as she can deal with windys easily, and many of other casters.

bone + windy is more of vs caster i guess, as windy can handle sorcs, FoH, hammers and necs very well, while boner can handle most melee. your windy + smiter fits here i as well i guess, but i just don't like smiters despite their rather good set ups and all. (they like to eat ww..just one reason i don't like them)

3. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

A windy really doesn't have many bad matchups aside from BvC which isn't too bad if you have a bear.

Also, a hdin has no bad matchups again, except for a windy.

A bvc has a hard time vs anyone that can teleport really really quick, like a really high fcr sorc or necro.

Things like V/T are incredibly versatile vs many builds as well, if you want to consider that. They can absolutely maul a lot of low HP/resist builds like sorcs and necros, and charge/smite does wonders against windies.

4. PsychoNight

PsychoNight IncGamers Member

if i were to play d2 again (oh noes, i'm getting addicted again) i'd make a fire druid. His abilities are greatly underestimated.

5. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Problem is, minion stack makes it really hard for a v/t to win as they have no skills to deal with minion stack. Any half-decent windy should be able to beat v/t since they don't need to stack their light res (cyclone armor FTW), so v/t's are just like weaker smiters as far as windies are concerned.

6. saellison

saellison IncGamers Member

Out of those choices I would pick the BvC and Bone necro one. The necro or BvC by themselves are both very versatile characters and easily cover eachothers weaknesses. A maxblock bone necro should only have problems with ES sorc's, and good windies while a BvC is good against both. Likewise a necro covers a barbs weaknesses well.

7. ArchsageVal

Untwinked fireclaws druid was the first character I made :) Very fun!!

Yea, I was thinking Bone Nec/BvC was my perfect combo. Both are fun and powerful, and both look badass :)

8. TienJe

TienJe IncGamers Member

i think the mb bone nec + ghost combo is the best duo. my arsenal includes much more than those two characters, but i find myself really only using those two for most of my duels. the way they complement one another is absolutely perfect.

nec/bvc is a good duo too, but ghosts are better vs druids/sorcs, which are the necs 2 biggest threats.

9. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Ghost + necro.

Covers all the fields.

Necro just needs windies and sorcs taken care of. Which ghost more than excells at than anything.

Oh Tienje's said it. nvm

10. ArchsageVal

Haha thanks for the reply's, was thinking Bone/BvC but definately might look into a ghost now (but you gota love the huge barb axes, grief/beast anyone?) =D

11. ephik

ephik IncGamers Member

i got a BvC / fire druid :D

although BvC is getting abit boring.. and taking most of my wealth.. maybe i should make a ghost or something !