Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dual Noobness

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by CoopMoe, Jun 9, 2005.

1. CoopMoe

CoopMoe IncGamers Member

Dual Noobness

Hey, i'm new to the forums and (somewhat) new to the game. i played back in 1.09, so 1.10 is a WHOLE new experience. Frankly, i'm very frustrated. I started a Bliz sorc because i've heard so many good things, but i'm lv 23 and i can barely survive act 2 normal. i'm thinking of scrapping her and starting over some other way. i know i want to play sorc though. it's not like i'm totally new, and i want to get started MFing as soon as possible. that's actually what i missed most. the trading/item community.... well... the legit one, and unless i can level this chica up fast, i dunno what i'm gonna do.

USWest by the way, account name same as it is here.

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

3. CoopMoe

CoopMoe IncGamers Member

i've quickly become familiar with the synnergies, which is why this blizzard build seems like a good idea. the other ice skills add to it, i was thinking about fire as a back up.... but really levelling is going so painfully slow.

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

do tristram runs with groups from lvls 1-14. You get about 1 lvl each run.

Then, do sewers or arcane runs from lvl 14-20. After that, have someone do cows for you from lvl 20-24. You just have to leech experience. At 24, do ancients. In 1.10, you can only get one lvl bonus from ancients. After 25, go for baal runs (kill only his minions). When you get to lvl 50, you can ahead to nightmare.

5. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

since blizzard is a level 24 skill I can see how it would be frustrating being level 23...but you've really done the majority of the work already and the easier times are not far away.

I assume you've put your skills into the synergy cold spells already so as soon as you hit level 24 your level 1 blizzard will already be doing good damage.

You'll see it gets much easier from here and once you hit 25 the levels start coming faster again.

Don't give up before you ever use the skill you planned the build for

6. CoopMoe

CoopMoe IncGamers Member

yeah, i was leveling in the wrong place i guess. i followed suggestions and started doing cows instead of norm baal. norm baal took me two days to get from 20 - 23 and thats with HOURS of playing. when i did cows i got to 26 within a couple hours and was suprised and then did baal till lv 41, then ancients and now i'm around 61. and that was just from yesterday. funny how i gained almost 40 levels just by going somewhere a little different. i love her now. i'm jsut sort of worried about defense sincemy build doesn't allow much for frozen armor with synnergies nor does it allow much for energy shield. blizzard is powerful but costly. well... also i'm using meteor as a backup. should i power up meteor with inferno or mastery? since most of the damage is from the fire left behind and not the actual impact the way i play.

7. Poke

Poke IncGamers Member

Before you back up meteor, make sure you are good with orb itself and its synnergies. When all that is done, and if you still feel it necessary to get better defense, I would invest some into frozen armor. If thats NOT what you want, then go ahead and boost meteor a little. You are PvM/MFer correct?

8. yxx

yxx IncGamers Member

DELETE SORRY

9. CoopMoe

CoopMoe IncGamers Member

yeah, i'm pvm/mf with this one. i'm not like "grr i need to up meteor NOW" but i'm dropping in a point or two every couple levels. my main focus is blizz and i'm pumping ice blast to get the synnergy on it, then moving down the line.

should i pump Eshield or frozen armor to get defence? i think eshield may be better, but then thats more prereq skills i need to spend

10. stkrause

stkrause IncGamers Member

Defence is overrated. If you get hit, you've made an error :D I would not go with energy shield, too. It will leave you out of mana in the moment you will need it most: To tele away from the monsters. Thats the way to go: if monsters come to close, tele, or run away (btw. I have my sorcs on run all the time. That leaves defence at 0, but gets me out of harms way)

*stkrause

11. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

One point in frozen armor and no points in energy shield is enough IMO. That saves a frew prereq points as well. Energy shield can even become dangerous if it depletes you of all mana from absorption. No mana, no teleport and that's what you have to do if something hits you too often. The freezing effect from frozen armor is the important issue, as it gives you a little time to teleport out of melee. Its defense bonus is not that important IMO. Facing enemies in melee or suffering massive damage is the job of your merc or party members.