Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dual monitors, dual instances, self MP and fast window switching

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ioupainmax, Jun 11, 2018.

1. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

Hi All,

Can anyone help me figure out if the following is possible?:

Background:
    I have a decent Enchantress and I have several characters that benefit greatly from a high level Enchant boost. I am currently self-mp-ing with an Enchantress and Multizon, but it gets tiresome to keep switching and losing focus.

I already have Dual Instances of Game.exe working and I can use windowed mode to fast switch and play that way or I can use the slightly slower full screen mode switching. I prefer the full screen mode for actual play, but the windowed mode for ease of use.

Pros of windowed mode:
    • Fast switching
    • Can have screens wherever on my dual monitor set up (but no need, they are too small)
    • Can see what is happening on both screens, in case a monster wanders up to my Enchantress while she waits by a WP to enchant the Multizon.
    Cons of windowed mode:
    • Windows are too small and not as immersive
    • Mouse is not locked (could fix this using glide wrapper) so occasionally click out at dangerous times
    Pros of full screen mode:
    • Immersive
    • Mouse is locked
    • Bigger and easier to see
    • Habit
    • Proper aspect ratio and resolution (as compared to some windowed mode things I've tried)
    Cons full screen mode:
    • Slow window switching
    • Windows are stacked on top of each other rather than one on each of my screens
    Aim:
    The aim is to have one screen per monitor with the benefits of fast window switching, but including mouse locking and the full screen-esque experience and resolution/aspect ratio.

@Hutton posted a link in this post that got me thinking that it might be possible to have the best of both worlds. After some testing, I wasn't able to get it working.

--

EDIT: Bonus question: GoMule always reverts to opening on the Primary Screen, the window doesn't remember it's previous position. Any way to resolve this?

Fruit likes this.
  2. ioupainmax

Thanks for doing that!

I tried using Borderless Gaming but it stretched the screen (which I guess is the correct resolution, just the wrong aspect ratio). I haven't played while using it, I saw the title screen and was like "Eeugh yuck...not using this!".

Fruit likes this.
  3. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

I remember someone running two instances of D2 to self MP and controlling each toon with a separate hand.
    There might be some info technical info in that thread

Fruit and ioupainmax like this.
  4. Yng

Yng IncGamers Member

Not really sure about the rest, but you can download windows mouse capture (or Warcraft mouse capture? I remember for sure it’s WMC, been a while, I use Glide) to have cursor locked to window without Glide.

5. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Ok everyone, before we get too excited, let’s take a minute to re-read the rules, especially 2.10 and 2.11.

I have deleted @Fruit ‘s post for linking to a non approved D2 mod. Sorry but I couldn’t be bothered to edit it.

Borderless Gaming I have left as it is a non-D2 specific graphics tweak.

I appreciate people are only trying to help, but think before you post. Any more posting of non permitted mods may result in temp bans.

6. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

thinking back on this, they must have been using two separate computers to get independent mouse and keyboard action
    Would this be a thing you could do? It's certainly simpler

7. ioupainmax

Sadly I don't have 2 machines (or the space) to do this!