Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dual Leech

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by TopheavyHookjaw, Mar 30, 2004.

1. TopheavyHookjaw

TopheavyHookjaw IncGamers Member

Dual Leech

I know that this isn't the trading forum, but I respect the opinions here much more (since views aren't warped by uber-duper gear).

I recently gambled a rare dual (6%Manna/8%Life) ring. I was just wondering if it had any trade value now that there seems to be a few uniques that have dual leech as well.

2. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Not really, as they are quite common and melee chars aren't.

Keep it for yourself. Make a zon to use it!

3. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

personally, i would be a fan- definitely a keeper. but i doubt it's worth much as leech has taken a bit of a hit- it's not all that popular any more. but i'm certainly not an expert...

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

You will find the same people here are the same people in the hardcore trading forum,

I would be very happy with such a ring but wouldnt place it with high Value. If you want to trade it and have specific needs feel free to PM me and I will see what I can do.

5. Bunnz

Bunnz IncGamers Member

Leech mods are really restricted these days and have lost a lot of value. Even with exceptionally high leech, its hard to keep on top, particularly with mana.

I've found that leech mods are a fantastic "support" mod to have on a ring, but I rarely wear a ring purely for leech. If its got some +stat, good +res or even a useful skill then it will be worth something.

Cheers

Bunnz

6. Paladuck

Paladuck IncGamers Member

i traded my 6/7 dual leech ring for a kiara's guardian. somewhere out there...someone wants it i bet.

but i dont. =D

7. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Leech is still a big part of melee, where people make a judgement that it stinks is because they are still stuck in thier little 1.09 world where they could slap on a Vamp and have all the leech they needed do to a bunch of bugged skills!

Well, wake up and smell the freaking coffee, they fixed the game to how it should of been and now you need MORE leech! If you max out your leech, then leech is still a ver valuable mods in melee/physical attacks, but you also need to couple these physical attacks wtih other things like deadly strike and crushing blow to increase your killing and leeching.

Leech is dirrectly related to damage, it hasnt changed its is just like it was only people are spoiled wiht bugged critical strike from 1.09.

I have 15 HC Xpac Characters of which about 1/3 are melee and ALL of them kill, all of the leech plenty and all of them are alive. In Classic I have a Barb using a tiny 95 Naga that kills well in hell, unfortunately he has to repair ever 5 mins but by God he kills. I also have a Clegs Barb in Classic that kills just fine and due to that sword dropping a lot I carry THREE to reduce town trips on repairs!!!

Melee isnt dead people, leech isnt a lesser mod, your minds are dead and you dont see the light!

8. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Stinger, you either have the weirdest sense of humour or are the rudest person I have ever seen :lol:

However I agree with pretty much everything you say so we will let that pass :thumbsup:

Leech for me is still a vital part of this game, true I had to put 42% leech on my magezon where I could have got away with just tals mask in 1.09. So yes leech is grrrreat - BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO GO TO TOWN WITH IT :lol:

For a lot of characs now I seem to be going for Increased Mana/Mana Regen - something I never really used except for Sorc/Necro in 1.09.

And did someone say melee is dead! - No way you just have to THINK to play a melee character rather than blindly rushing around and twatting stuff!

Chill

9. Kim

Kim Banned

leech sucks

1.10 sucks meelee no leech in duels means that a barb duel take around 5 seconds (not expack they probably still pot like they did in .08 and .09)

10. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Blah blah blah pot pot pot..........take your "no pot bull" back to softycore land this is hardcore!

11. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Well let me put it this way, those that read that and think I am being rude are the ones that think melee is dead and are stuck in thier 1.09 world of bugged skills needing little leech and cant play a melee guy now in Hell.

Those that agree with what I stated have understood this game has changed but melee is still very doable if you build and play properly, thus not stuck in the 1.09 fream of mind and thus are using thier brains instead of just crying that "Melee is dead, leech is dead".

Now with all that said there are things I dont like but it wont stop me from making melee builds and doing my best and possibly dieing.

So to boil it all down a select group think I am a big arse but others know I am simply stating facts and not making any damn excuses and sticking to only casters or playing a BO leeching merc like most of BNet!

12. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Sorry Stinger I think the term I was looking for was Brutally Honest :thumbsup:

I still love playing melee characs - maybe even more now as they are less common, and that equals challenge as far as I'm concerned. As I commented - 1.10 has swapped the characs round so Melee is now the "Thinking players build" in a big way (either that or the deeds players build)

Chill

13. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

I think Stinger and I see eye to eye here. LOL

Stinger, you would make a good PKer, you have the proper attitude.

14. TopheavyHookjaw

TopheavyHookjaw IncGamers Member

Well, I 'd have to say that Melee is not dead...just much, much harder to accomplish. My first successfull char in 1.10 was a zealot...now he is retired and will occasionally come out of retirement to take care of a DClone.

I think the key really is having a good high damage weapon. A fair amount of leech with a good weapon goes a long way. *

Speaking of which, I was going to ask. What is the best weapon now for a barb? Lets consider the major skills...Zerk, WW and Conc.

15. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Big damage weapon or lack there of can be overcame with crushing blow and is proven my every D Talon sin built. Crushing rules melee!

My IK Barb with his 40% easily out kills my friend with a Steel Tmaul 600+ damage with no crushing or very little, think he has Venoms.

My DT Sin stomped DC in the ground with 35% Crushing and the new Sin boots.

I intend to make a Frenzier and i am "Blowing my wad on him" so to speak! I am going to make my first 1.10 Armor for him for taht 65% priz i think it was and us an UM and some IAS/REZ jewels to get his rez I think and I am going to load him up with with CB and let him demolish the entire game!

Give me a pair of Goblin Toes or Orphans Helm and I will show you a killer even with an average damage weapon.

Clegs/Gtoes/Rattlecage will crush things also, it just doesnt leech well enuff to live though and no block and crap rez but by god it kills.