Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

dual immunes

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by lexor, Feb 19, 2004.

1. lexor

lexor IncGamers Member

dual immunes

Single pvm here:

Well I've been thinking. Barbs got a skill that no one is immune to (and they get it in no time at lvl30) Pallies got WHOLE 2 skills that plaw through everything (hummer, and that tri-elem atack with sinergies)

A sorc is the only creature that doesn't have a pure magic attack. I mean come-ON! A sorceress with no magic atack? wth is that? :rant:

Tri-elem sorc suck with dmg. Single tree face immunes which you could try to circumvent with dual tree. Dual tree face double immunes which you would think a merc would handle. But mercs can't do squat agains big packs and die like flies.

And did I say Pallies have TWO unstoppable atacks?

2. warding

warding Banned

What are you on about, there are no dual immune packs (they only spawn on uniques) and my merc can handle the odd one with no problem.

3. wind

wind IncGamers Member

I've run across dual immune packs in chapter five in one of the passageways. I believe they were lightning-poison immune skeleton mages. But they are the only ones I've seen.

Edit:

And as far as solo play, I believe a well designed sorc will plow through the game faster than either a pali or barb.

4. lexor

lexor IncGamers Member

You guys are insanely lucky, I'm just started Act I and thode damned archer chicks are dual immune (cold-lightning) so I am in deep dodo there. I asked a friend to check and skeletons in Act II (the ones in the tombs are dual immune (same immunity as archers))

basically my cold-lightningh sosa is screwed royal.

5. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

I really don't know where you looked, but the only *archer chicks* I encounter during my occasional Pit Runs are only lightning immune. The ones with the pikes are cold immune. But there are other versions who venture Act1 that are poison or fire immune, but always just 1 immunity (aside from the occasional dual-immune Unique)

And the Barbs and Pallys didn't get all the good of the bargain. Barbs are vulnerable during Berserk because they have 0 defense at that time. Pallys can have troubles killing those Horadric Ancients who keep ressurecting Undead creatures (Yes, Horadric Ancients are Magic Immune and they can ressurect Souls who are Undead)

And for the Barbs and Pallys there is in general no easy way to get out of trouble (no teleport) and those Blessed Hammers are quite difficult to aim.

As a side note, when you have troubles playing a certain area, join a party with other characters (preferable with BO Barb)

6. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Doesn't mean anything for the Hammerdin, though, as Horadric Ancients are undead, so the hammers pierce any resistance they may have. Hammerdins are truly overpowered.

If you're a fire/cold sorc, remember that you can static any dual immune you meet to make it twice as easy for your merc, and use TK to stun and knock back.

7. warding

warding Banned

Yes I use TK to help my merc against cold/fire immune lister.

I play fire/cold sorc so naturally I don't notice any dual immunes other than fire/cold :p I can in that instance still help my merc out with static field and TK.

8. tl998

tl998 Banned

LExor, there are plenty of magic immunes in this game, so don't say that barbs have a skill that no one is immune to. Heck, I've even seen a magic-immun/Physical immune monster. Wrecked HAVOC on my barbarian. I was lucky IK maul has decent elemental damage so I was able to whittle it down bit by bit.

Hammerdins are overpowered. Long live hammerdin... :thanks:

And yes I've rarely ever encountered dual immunes that are not uniques. And those I have encountered, my merc takes care of. That's why in 1.10 is very important to have a good merc.

9. Urlik_Skarsol

Urlik_Skarsol IncGamers Member

Is 1 point in TK sufficient for it to be effective for stun/knockback ?

10. warding

warding Banned

Heh its not really effective but every little bit helps. I don't understand whether chance to kb is related to skill lvl.

11. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Yes, the stun/knock back is independent of skill level, so pumping TK wouldn't make any sense (except of course for Energy Shield).

12. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

offtopic: someone in 09 had a sig that said "no one cares about hammerdins? give me a keg and ill be hammered in 10 minutes."

ontopic: hammerdins are overpowered, but who is going to say sorcs weren't overpowered in 09? it can't ever be balanced, but they can keep switching the balance.