Dual Carrion Rings question

FistOfFury

Diabloii.Net Member
Dual Carrion Rings question

Just something I'm confused about...carrion wind has:

10% Chance To Cast Level 10 Poison Nova When Struck
8% Chance To Cast Level 13 Twister On Striking

How exactly do those two work out if I put two rings on?

Do they each get checked once and then get triggered separately, or is there any stacking going on, like would it end up like this:
20% Chance To Cast Level 10 Poison Nova When Struck
16% Chance To Cast Level 13 Twister On Striking

or would it be:
20% Chance To Cast Level 20 Poison Nova When Struck
16% Chance To Cast Level 26 Twister On Striking

edit: And same question for the life leech mods if you don't mind...

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
Do they each get checked once and then get triggered separately, or is there any stacking going on, like would it end up like this:
20% Chance To Cast Level 10 Poison Nova When Struck
16% Chance To Cast Level 13 Twister On Striking
That one is correct, percentages stack when two items provide the same skill, of the same level in the same ctc category, click link "skill granting items" in sign for more info on ctc and other skills provided by items.

If you wield one weapon all life leach stacks with eachother, when dual wielding life leach from a weapon will not get applied to the other weapon but they both get the ll on your equipment.

zeskelnec

Diabloii.Net Member
Unfortunately, CTC dmg are always to weak to be harmful for monsters.
Only Life tap, amp, 100 % nova 44 die, FO orb 22 can be of significant use..I probably forget some. But IMO, all CTC under lvl 20 are useless....have u seen any noticable dmg from the fire of a torch ?

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
The CTC Twister actually plays a nice but small role of stunning monsters for a fraction of a second.

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
Unfortunately, CTC dmg are always to weak to be harmful for monsters.
Only Life tap, amp, 100 % nova 44 die, FO orb 22 can be of significant use..I probably forget some. But IMO, all CTC under lvl 20 are useless....have u seen any noticable dmg from the fire of a torch ?
Confuse, Decrepify, Enchant, Frost Nova, Lower Resist, Static Field, Valkyrie, Weaken and Venom. Just filling in the list a bit on some of the skills I see in the ctc tables that could be of some use.

Fire damage from a torch thread.

FistOfFury

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, I wasn't considering the carrion rings for damage purposes...I was looking at it more from the angle of anti-life regen (from poison nova/creeper) and occasional twister stun, and using it on fast characters for maximizing the low %. And the other mods have their uses. Granted the poison durations are low, but those few seconds could mean the difference when something is at low health and refuses to die, heh. Of course that's just theoretical situation but I'll take chance over nothing anyday.

Zukker

Diabloii.Net Member
....have u seen any noticable dmg from the fire of a torch ?
oh yes i have, when veizer in chaos is physical and lightning immune i melee him to death with firestorm, takes a while but does some damage when it proccs. (trapsin)

Also those flies in uber duriels place thats immune to physical died to my ama torch's firestorm :smiley: