Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dual Alibabas (upped) for Goldfind Barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by dymi, May 17, 2005.

1. dymi

dymi IncGamers Member

Dual Alibabas (upped) for Goldfind Barb

hi

I want to build Goldfinder Barb.
    He will wield dual upped alibabas (lem,lem)
    He will be WW barb
    Also he will do only pits and travincal (mostly)

Will it be viable weapon ??

Thx for answers

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

The damage is very lacking, and the speed is bad for Whirlwind because it doesn't hit the last WW breakpoint, even with 2x Shaels. Maybe 1 good weapon + 1 Ali Baba or just use the usual stuff like Chance Guards, Gold Wrap, Gheeds...

In my opinion it's better to kill lots of monsters quickly with small amount of goldfind than to kill slowly with lots of goldfind. Also if you die, you'll lose all your gold:(

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

ouch yes, upped alibabas are hydra edges, and gosh, they are sloooooooow.
    you will have to whirl like crazy, and I honestly think you will have problems beating council members...
    As said, perhaps one alibaba combined with something high-damaging, but I'd prefer leaving alibabas out, and go for killing speed, and get goldfind from all other parts of equip.

4. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

Maybe a frenzy barb would be better? Use a Grief PB on your main hand and upped lemlem ali baba on 2nd hand. If I'm not mistaken, frenzy only uses the mainhand weapon speed, so you will be swinging fast and you'll have the extra gold find from ali baba.

I have no clue about the speed thing though. Speed should be decent either way, since if frenzy uses the average, grief pbs are pretty fast.

EDIT: Checked the IAS calc and it says you'll have a 6 fpa frenzy using Grief pb/Ali baba with a slvl20 Frenzy and 5.5 fpa at slvl27+...this is with a 40IAS grief though.

5. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

It use something big and bad as main weapon and then use hork on the switch with the two ali's to get huge gold drops.

6. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

I would do frenzy with 2 upped ali babas. Before I would ever think about using ww.

7. -Tempus-

-Tempus- IncGamers Member

frenzy with how many other points? (mastery, DBL swing, taunt, zerk) it can take a lot of points to get good dmg with frenzy using bad weapons, low speed, need Cant be frozen.

using ww or conc as a main attack saves you many more skill points
    20 mastery
    20 attack (ww, conc, zerk)
    20 bo
    20 FI (you'll get most of your gold here)
    1 point in Ironskin, NR, zerk, command, taunt, battlecry, warcry
    +might merc for added dmg

with left over points you can put them into shout for def/zerk dmg, zerk for more dmg, higher lev warcry, more points in NR so you can get max to all in hell.

going with one of those attacks will let you use more weapons. the best weapons would be ones with good ed, the ias for your attack, leech, dmg to demons.

the ali's, gulls, 6 lem weapon, 6 ist weapon or what ever else you use only needs to be out when your merc gets the last hit, you get the last hit, you use the FI skill on the dead. they never need to be the killing weapons.

up'd ali's take more str/dex then most GF chars need. if you use wealth + CoT + anni you can get a lot of dex but still since those weapons arent used for dmg why up your stats to use them.

-Tempus-

8. dymi

dymi IncGamers Member

Thx all :) it was very helpfull. (saves me 2 puls 2 lums used for upgrades)
    I try go Tempus road.

20 mastery
    20 WW
    20 BO
    20 FI ??? (maybe less will do ??)

So next question

What weapon will you choose ???

Other equipment :

Goldwrap 68 GF / 30 MF
    Wealth
    Gheed 125 GF/37 MF
    Alis Lem Lem x 2 on switch
    Dual Dwarfstars
    Wartravelers 42 MF
    Chancies 37 MF / 200 GF
    Arreats
    Nice amu (2 war cries all res 19+ some more mods)
    many gf mf life sc
    2 masteries GC

9. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Maybe you could do a Gold Find variant on the Buzzard Barbarian.
    I calculate a Barb could wear up to + 2,640% gold find. You could go round cow games and hork a fortune.

Code:
    300     Wealth Armor
    200     Dual Dwarfs
    200     Chance Guards
    80      rare Amulet of Wealth
    80      rare Boots of Wealth
    80      Goldwrap or rare Belt of Wealth
    180     rare Circlet of Wealth with 2 sockets Lem Lem
    900     dual 6 Lem crystal sword (only 760 from dual Ali lev92 Lem Lem)
    160     Gheeds
    360     9 x 40% Gold find GC
    100     10 x 10% Gold find SC
    ---
    2640 %

Totals + 2640% so you get 2740% of gold.
    Its not worth using dual echoing weapons for horking with 2 Lem each for 300% Gold. You lose 600% and only gain about 6% more drops on Find Item (Level 21 -> Level 27 = 51% -> 54%) whereas you would get 22% less gold.

However it is worth using dual Hotos. The 80% Faster cast takes you from 13 from horking to 9 frame, about 45% faster.

10. -Tempus-

-Tempus- IncGamers Member

max goldfind in LOD is 3990% (barb + act3 merc)
    using an act2 might merc for killing i can get+3600%

going with max FI skill lets have a +51% chance for a 2nd full drop while still using a full greed setup. you could still get high % if you used warcry/greed charms but first you have to find them, not have a different barb that would use them. i use sharp/greed and resist all/greed charms so i have more dmg and max to all in hell.

going with arreats can work but a crown of thieves is a better helm for you and your merc. the magic/rare circlets are hard to find and then you need to get 2 holes. one of mine is very old magic +2barb skills of greed with 2 holes (172%gf) if i recall. i use them when i let my merc kill, the other time i use the CoT. when i was lev'ing my barb i was using arreats (socket with ed/greed jewel) jewelers plate +life (socketed with 4 ed/greed jewels) and nice sword with a ed/greed jewel

in time try and make your merc a sup eth wealth plate + eth 12%CoT with good gf no it, then give him nice high dmg eth weapon.

just make sure you dont have any cold dmg or you wont get as much gold as you could.

-Tempus-