Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DTalon build questions

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by BennyG, Feb 15, 2004.

1. BennyG

BennyG IncGamers Member

DTalon build questions

I'm currently playing a Dtalon assassin. Ive got dtalon to lvl 20, and BoS to lvl 6, but now what? I'm going for PvM mainly, and its more for fun that pure killing power. I'm thinking get Deathsentry to a decent lvl, then stuff the rest of points into venom/SM? For a weapon, im using the strength runeword, for the CB and leech. I recently got another bartucs, but it doesn't have any crushing blow, is it still viable since i have Guilliame's Face with 35% CB? Or should i use a jade talon since my resists are going to be lacking a little once i get to Hell?

2. det

det IncGamers Member

Sounds just like my problems :lol:

Lv 66 now and I can finally equip the jade talon on my second hand. First hand is STRENGTH, Use Guillaumes and Venom Grip = 65% CB. Nats Boots, Duriels shell, some ammy and ring I found/gambled. SoE as belt.

Currently LS and DS at about 15 each, Venom 10 and DT at 18 and only 5 in SM (or so) in NM act 5..where the combo of Kicking the first monster to death while the others get hit by LS and then laying down some DS works fine.

But as stated often in all the forums: Melee players get a rough life in hell...so I am not sure if I play past act 1 or 2 in hell...or even survive :lol:

3. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

seems as if you should read my stickied giude for a PvM c/c DTalon/Trap sin ;)

C-Beat

4. det

det IncGamers Member

Which by the way I did. Works so far.

Not sure though if I max LS or DS first before going to hell :scratch:

5. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

max LS first for the lightning dmg. The CE radius of DS should be enough with a few +skills. if not, just put the DS with a little distance between them.

6. magclaw

magclaw IncGamers Member

Hey C-beat, loved your guide!
    I am kind of poor though so i did not quite follow it to the letter. What i mean is that I put 20 into shadow master and none into CBS yet. Currently level 77 and doing fine in hell. DS is mostly how i kill and between my merc my shadow and me I can get a corpse no problem. I don't think I could survive without the shadow though she is great and survives in hell much better than my merc, i think it is because she is immune to elemental damage.
    Thanks for filling me in on Dtalon.
    I have a level 80 lightning trapper and she runs into so many problems with lightning immunes. Well I could have tried fireblast but I have more fun running in to wack guys. Plus boss runs seems easier now. Again thanks for your guide

Magclaw

P.S. I only find hell hard when I am playing with people who cant make 1 corpse for me. I find myself running in to melee when level 70+ barbs and pallys are running away. People need to get resist maxed in hell and not run from everything