Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dtalon and crushing blow

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Ossar, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

Dtalon and crushing blow

Using gore riders and guillames fase gets me about 50% CS. Wouldnt it be cool to make a strength runeword to get 25% more? Better than using another bartucs?

2. det

det IncGamers Member

I actually use the setup you mentioned with the STRENGTH runeword and a Jade Talon (Claw Block). Bartucs only for casting BoS, SM, Venom etc

Plus Venomgrip for 80% CB. This build works in Hell, even in act 5. Still need about 2-3 kickcycles to kill a monster (then DS helps me)

However, I am envious of DT sins who get 10k damage and more.

3. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

Don't worry. Played a DTail assa. Most monsters in act 5 tend to have high fire resist. So DTalon have about the same killing speed IMO.

Hmm, Venom? Good skill for DTalon? Skill?

Wont Jade Talon and Strength make your kicks slower than if using 2*Bartucs or will kick speed only be taken from one claw? So making Strength in a fast claw should fix this?

Claw Block level?

4. det

det IncGamers Member

Well, I play hardcore on ladder, so I am more damage reduction/resistance orientated and don't worry overly about speed. That's why jade Talon (45% res, +2/+2 skills) I tried to use a fast claw for my runeword and cast BoS at lv 9 or so. Guess I am not getting of the fastest kick here, but IIRC, it does not matter for the subsequent kicks, as they will all go off at 2 frame rate.

I really don't know where the IAS is calculated from, but the guides might tell us that.

Clawblock is at 53% Venom gets cast at about lv 14 (figuring +skills in here already.) I am currently at lv 79 and a bit tight on skillpoints (thats why I only have 18 in Talon, the remaining +6 for the next extra kick come from +skills). I am debating if I should max SM, she really becomes more and more important.

5. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

But is it worth puttin a few skills in Venom or Is it better to put them into my traps? Or maybe more into SM(only one skill there yet)?

6. det

det IncGamers Member

Hm...considering hell and all..I'd probably put the points first into traps, then into SM...then Venom...but you might find that Fade suits you even better (hidden DR)

7. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

Have Maxxed DS, LS and then 10 synergy. Enough? LS does about 2200 damage.

8. det

det IncGamers Member

Sounds good...I don't even have the 10 in synergy. My DS does something 800+ damage and LS whatever it does at Lv 22 (1200+, I expect)

It needs to be a particularly nasty mob to stay away an use the traps..or one that is really big. Like some of the Shaman camps, surrounded by corrupted rogues and archers. Usually 5 Lightning traps provide so many corpses that DS messes everything up badly.

If its a group of slingers, I usually MB them several times, get them fight each other and then lay down some LS before I start kicking away. Then DS when the first corpse hits the ground. Quite a lot of fiddling with keys actually, especially when I remember that I can also toss a CoS. :lol:

Since you have those extra 10 in synergies, I guess you will have to forsake Venom anyhow..the points would be better spend in a SM. IMHO it needs to be 12+ to survive for a decent amount of time in hell

9. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

But sadly my traps don't do enough damage in hell! 2200 lightning damage isn't much IMO.

10. det

det IncGamers Member

Okay, lets say your average zombie has 8000 HP. One LS shooting 10 times does up to 22000 damage. That is killing the Zombie 3 times :lol:

One dead Zombie, plus 1 High level DS means all monsters in a full screen radius will loose about 40-80% of their Hitpoints. Now all you need is a second corpse and more monster will drop.

Of course, soloing 8 ppl games will make this a LOT harder..but really I don't feel I have to many problems getting my first precious corpse out of a mob.

Granted, there will be impossible situations. I once got hassled by 2 boss packs and loads of scarabs outside Lut Golein. Tough odds, best bet is to restart here.

Luckily there have always been parties/friends online who can help you thru a tight spot..and sometimes you die with them... but I don't see why your lightning trap damage should not work..if you use all means available: MB, CoS, SM and a Merc.

11. Liessa Wyrmbane

Liessa Wyrmbane IncGamers Member

My DTalon/Trapper hybrid is using Guillaume, Goreriders and dual Bartucs. I use Fade to get my resists up and have enough IAS on gear to get the fastest kick speed (7/2/2/2/2/2). My crushing blow is 50% at the moment and I find it is enough, although I would like it to be a bit higher. I'm trying to craft 20%ias, +2 Martial Arts, 10% CB gloves, but no luck yet. I'd like to use "Strength" Greater Talons, but then I wouldn't have enough IAS for max speed, because I use shaeled Bartucs to get to the breakpoint. I love my dual Bartucs though, because the +skills give a nice boost to my traps.