Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DT Kicker: to block or not?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Noite Escura, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

DT Kicker: to block or not?

I'm building a new Kicker with 1pt Blade Fury. This is mostly to obliterate DClone should he appear again in a game. i noticed the autor of the Warrior Monk guide listed several 2 handed weapons and that he himself used Phoenix. I also believe that Blade Fury is probably interruptible anyway, so I'm leaning more toward no block, which would allow me to concentrate less on resists and go by with lesser gear. Do you experts have any important information to make me think otherwise? Thanks in advance

2. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Re: DT Kicker: to block or not?

It depends on how often you intend to use DTalon vs. Blade Fury. It's not that max block is absolutely vital for a kicker, but the more you find yourself in melee situations, the more it is likely you'd like to have max block.

3. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

I intend to Fury most things, with occasional Talon here or there. I guess that defines my choice. :) In fact I had a similar build last ladder that used block but not optimal gear. And I always had my doubts if the dex spent on blocking was not wasted. I wouls like to have a perspective from someone who made a vita build.

4. jackfunk

jackfunk IncGamers Member

"listed several 2 handed weapons"

iirc does blade fury shurkin damage get penalized when using two handers? I thought it dropped the damage from 3/4 weapon to 1/4 weapon?

5. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

It does drop the blade fury damage, but if your going for style on a build it doesn't really matter.