Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Drunk Talk

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Akira, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Akira

Akira Member

Drunk Talk

First off, i'm going to apologize to everyone who opened this thread, it isn't what you think it is. But now, some background info. i just finished looking after my best friend at uni, who had started drinking around 8pm. Finished probably around 1 or 2 (am). So, after that we (it was me and 2 other people at the time, in order of sobriety it was me, another person, and my best friend) decided to go back to my room so we (spefically they) don't get in any **** by the college dons.

So anyways, i lose my best friend after 10 minutes (she wandered off), we spend the next 30 minutes looking for her and find her passed out on a sink in a washroom. i try dragging her back to her room, but eventually give up and just pick her up (she's pretty light and small to boot) and carry her back. Anyways, by now we're keeping her up because if she falls asleep, chances are high she won't wake up. She's all taken care of now, but something has my stomach in knots.

When we were trying to keep her up, she yelled at me to **** off a few times, she seemed rather vehement about it. i'm a bit worried that i've actually been annoying my best friend, and she doesn't think of me of as much of a friend as i think of her. The other person (a mutual friend of ours) tells me it was just drunk talk, and she's just annoyed because i'm keeping her up when the only thing in the entire world she wants right now is to sleep.

Eventually we got her pretty sobered up and let her go to bed.

Anyways, what i want to know, should i be less neurotic and just brush this off as drunk talk, or could there be some issue between me and my friend that needs to be talked about later?

2. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

If she is as drunk as you claim then just brush it off. It's the liquor talking and not her. Some people can become quite beastly when they're wasted.

3. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

yea, she was drunk, quite drunk apparently

4. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

See if she remembers anything. Some people don't get hang-overs and can remember almost everything from a previous night. People will say all kinds of things when they are drunk and you can easily tell (linguistically alone) that they're drunk since there isn't much coherence in their speech.

Then again, the truth can really come out when someone is drunk. If she really is your best friend, then I don't think you should be worrying. Drunk people are really touchy and because they're drunk, they don't get it that others are trying to help them. I once had one of my best friends started throwing water bottles at me cuz he didn't like the taste of it. Of course I told him to shut the **** up and made him down it anyway and I never thought twice.

5. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

Wow, you've haven't been around a lot of drunk people have you? Two of my roommates got into a fight last year due to being drunk. These were guys who'd been good friends for 2 years. Drunks are morons, simple as that.

6. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing as Wuhan. Sometimes people's deep secrects get revealed when they are drunk. Whats your relationship with ehr? Are you an aquantance, friend, or secret admirer? If your just an aquaintance, she's just being a stupid drunk, if your a friend, her telling you to **** off was her trying to esatablish a position as "above and beyond" which is typical neglegence from a stubborn drunk, just brush it off. If you kinda like her and you think she might know it, then forget about your chances with her because she's not interested and drunkenness pushed her kindness aside and she was saying what she is really thinking about you all along, which is basically, "**** off". In all likelyhood though, she is just being a stupid drunk girl, just ignore it.

7. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

From where I stand this isn't that bad a situation, in fact you can play stuff like this really well if you want to. I think you can rest assured that her words that night reflect nothing upon your relationship, but you could definitely score some guilt points. If you hint that you were hurt by her words, even if you weren't, all kinds of good things could come your way.

Then again, depending on how mature you are, you could just forget the whole thing. I'm just in a devious mood.

8. Silvermyst

Silvermyst IncGamers Member

don't worry, you're completely fine.

Just last month I was in a similar situation of helping a drunk friend who was passing out and puking on a park bench, she yelled at me a few times and wished that she would die everytime I tried to get her to drink some water (to keep her stomach filled). The next day she was thanking me constantly.

The important thing, is that you were helping her out, despite her protesting. I'm sure she'd be more pissed off if you just left her.

9. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

If I was feeling helpful, I would have said what Silvermyst said. Thems wise words.

10. Kawaii

Kawaii IncGamers Member

Yep, i agree with Silvermyst. I've been in the same situation and the guy ended up thanking me constantly the next day. Don't worry, i'm sure she'll be thankful.

11. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Don´t worry.

I´ve been in the same situation a number of times... slapping people in the face to keep them from going to sleep, taking away their drinks and drugs and even forcibly removed friends from bars and clubs.
    It´s not unusual for people to curse you at the time, since they´re too wasted to see that you´re really doing them a favour. Without exception though... the worse they treat you when you help them out of harms way, the more apologetic they are the next day... if they remember how they acted that is.

I´d bet that your friend understands why you did what you did when she´s sobered up and that she´s more ashamed of herself than angry at you. At least that´s how she should feel.

12. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Sounds like she's just an angry drunk. It's not uncommon. I'd ignore it. She probably doesn't even remember cussing you out.

13. masterazn

masterazn Banned

Ask her if she remembers it. If she does, ask her if she meant it. If she doesn't, tell her about it.

14. Akira

Akira Member

Not angry drunks, at least. She isn't like this when drunk usually, which is what had taken me aback at first. Anyways, she called this morning to apologize as soon as she found out what she had done so all is well. i just need to be less neurotic next time.