Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Druid SP PVM help please

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Zargo1z, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Zargo1z

Zargo1z IncGamers Member

Druid SP PVM help please

Hey guys, I really find the druid class interresting and would love to start playing one but here's the problem, I can't find a good decent way to build the type of druid I want, the druid I want is a druid that is a hybrid type of druid using the warewolf and summon tree's, I want to do is find a druid guide that would tell me how to make a druid hybrid that uses warewolf form but uses summons as well. if a guide like this exsits for 1.10 or if you guys have done this with a druid and have been successful please chime in here and let me know how this can be done.

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

hmm...I don't know but my signature might know ;)

Meaning, check the FAQ, there's a list of all the guides for 1.10 suitable for single players :)

3. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

my lvl 79 WW druid are doing just fine @ act2 hell

skills:
    max ww, lychantroph, oaksage, fury then points into grizly

though i haven´t played him in a long time.

Druids are very funny to play, love them :)

4. Zargo1z

Zargo1z IncGamers Member

I did check the faq, I always check the faq's on any forums, none of them list a druid hybrid combo of warewolf and summoner there's a warewolf guide that "suggests" to put a point or two in summon if you want, but I'm looking for something more percise that does use both, not simply suggests a point or two

5. Vorbiss

Vorbiss IncGamers Member

If it's for PvP, forget about it... :( Your minions will be extremely easy pray for enemy's attacks if not maxxed/synergised. Minions are used for meat shields against auto-targeting skills most of the time in PvP, not much else.
    But if you spend many poijnts in your summons, the char itself becomes weaker.(less life because lyc, less AR etc)

Just my 0.02$ ;)

6. buster

buster IncGamers Member

I'm doing something similar to that with my current character. I was going to write up a "hail to the new Pat" thread after he beats Baal. He's just about ready to take on the ancients in Hell and still playing at players 4, so I guess he's doing pretty well.

Similar to SnakeEye I maxed ww, lychantrophy, oaksage, and fury. Then I started concentrated on upping Grizz and Dire Wolves (synergy that adds to Grizz life). Use an Act 2 Defiance merc and as long as you have good equipment, you should do fine.

Put enough in stregth and dexterity for equipment, base mana and the balance in vitality.

7. EdgeFrog00

EdgeFrog00 IncGamers Member

don't max ww!! if fury is your main attack (definitely max it), you'll have plenty of ar, so try to get ww around 8-12, and save several skill points until you find your endgame weapon. There are several ww attack speed calcs around, so only increase the ww skill points if you can get to a frame rate breakpoint. Also, in hell, oak sage is so weak, it has to be recast constantly, so i don't bother using it (it's at level 5 w/o +skills equipment). Instead i dumped the points into dire wolf and grizzly (both at lvl 15) and he can stand up to mephisto solo for at least a minute without help. BTW, make sure you use feral rage, you won't miss oak sage if you use it correctly. :D

8. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

I've spotted a recent thread over at the Druid forum dealing with a PVM Multimentalst (earth, wind and fire).

Apparantly it can be pulled off pretty well and sounds a great deal more fun than your average pure wind druid.

9. Select

Select IncGamers Member

Off the top of my head:

Max Lycan
    around 5 WW
    Max Fury
    Max Griz
    Max Oak sage or other sage(cant remember the name)
    the rest should go into synergies for griz

enough str for equip
    enough dex for equip or max block if youre using a shield
    all the Vita you can get
    none into energy

have fun?....sounds to me like this build could work.

look for shapeshifting plus skill stuff...get open wounds and prevent moster heal if you can.

a side note...wolves dont last very long but can be a road block for a couple seconds if you need to regroup...griz is a bitchen tank.

10. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Actually you need to max WW if you want to have a good to hit ratio in hell, otherwise you need to have lots of +AR items, and miss the really good stuff.

My fury druid: (lvl 85)
    20WW
    20 lycan
    1 feral rage
    13 rabies (will max)
    20 fury
    20 oak sage

will post equiptment if you want to know.

11. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

this is almost exactly the build i use. only thing i would also suggest is putting ~5 points into feral rage. the life leech it gives you is almost absolutely required for a succesful WW build.

OK, i lied, there are other things i'd suggest...
    1: you only need to put points into dex if you are a) using a shield or b) using a weapon that requires dex. because you will be attacking VERY fast with fury if you get a good weapon (see farther down) and leeching lots of life (see above), then the blocking animation will slow you down, block-lock you and kill you. so, i don't reccomend using a shield. in addition, on a WW, maul-type weapons get a very fast attack speed, do TONS of damage, and require no dexterity, so if you use one of them you wont need any dexterity for that. conclusion: use two-handed mauls and don't put ANY points into dex.
    2: make sure to summon your ravens even if you only put one point into the skill. they blind targets and with +skills gear, you can easily get 4-5 of them flying around wreaking havoc.
    3: have fun!

12. VenomTheVirus

VenomTheVirus IncGamers Member

WW? :D I got one. Hes second on the SPFHCL, soon to be number 1.

I'm maxing WW, LYCan, Fury, Oak, and Griz
    5 into Feral and 5 into Dire wolves is what i'm looking at.

Get a 2-hander! More damage!

I don't really plan my builds... it's funner that way :D

My current build has me wearing Twitchroe armor, Stealskull. But you hit so fast with Fury and if you have a good damaging weapon: Bonesnap and 5+ Dual leech you good :D For Norm and NM Act 1 I know. Just becarful around Woodfist, Extra Strong & Cursed. Also watch out for Extra Strong with Spectrual hit.

13. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Dude... I think you can dump the twitchtroe... IAS outside the weapon doesnt help a werewolf... generally speaking. unless you're using a super slow weapon.. like a cruel thundermaul of the slowness...

14. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

If you wanna try something new, you can always do a fireclaws werebear with summons. I've always wanted to try this build (too bad summons can't be prebuffed - would make it really powerful).

Level 80 skill allocation:
    1 Oak Sage
    1 Heart of Wolverine
    1 Carrion Vine
    1 Shockwave
    Max Dire Wolf
    Max Grizzly
    Max Fireclaws
    Max Firestorm

Finish build with:
    18 Molten Boulder

Optional:
    Drop 10 points from Dire wolves and get Armageddon
    Do this if you have good +skills and if you plan on getting to a high level and would rather use Grizzly. Dire wolves do better physical damage (once they eat a corpse), but Armageddon will give you some passive fire damage (up to 900-1200 dmg with right gear).

I strongly suggest +skill charms. Start with +shape-shifting first, and move towards +summoning at 80+.

Use a 110 IAS phase blade when using fire claws and have ribcracker (or another good maul weapon) on weapon switch for when you deal with FIs.

Consider using Atmas amulet. At a 4 frame attack speed, you should be able to get it to fire off amplify damage to greatly increase the killing speed of your summons.

Switch between oak sage and heart of the wolverine, depending on the situation (typically oak sage when going up against act bosses, other times, heart of the wolverine). Both should survive ok with sufficient +skills, but will need to be recasted from time to time.

Don't forget shockwave - it can be crucial in certain situations.