Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Druid question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by blanknineeight, Aug 31, 2006.

1. blanknineeight

blanknineeight IncGamers Member

Druid question

Ok im thinking of making a windy Druid, my question is it says hurricane does cold damage so does hat mean the cold immune monsters will be immune to hurricane and I will do no damage to them.

2. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Yes, you then use the tornados that you maxed as synergies, which do physical damage, to kill them

3. blanknineeight

blanknineeight IncGamers Member

oh ok, thats what i thaught.

4. hhhrobi

hhhrobi IncGamers Member

actualy most of the killing will be done by tornadoes wich will end up doing 4-5 k damage (mine do 5k-5.5k). Hurricane only does about 2k and monsters in hell have high resist.

the beauty of the build is that very few monsters have cold imun + phisical imun wich means you can hurt 99.99% of monsters

5. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

ya just wait until you hit those cold/phys immunes in hell :p
    you get quite a few in countess runs or anywhere else there's high numbers of ghosts. You'll want an alternative for those situations. many use reapers toll for the decrep, Im using a high damage obedience on merc for CB, while I have a lightsaber on switch (i know, sounds silly, but you'd be amazed how fast those phys/cold immunes go down between my merc's CB, the LS damage, and the occasional firestorm from my torch).

Either way the CI/PI's are a reality and the bane of the windy's existence. I've spent many lame minutes wacking away in hopes that my firestorm would go of and kill the silly thing, while my mercs life slowly ebbs from the constant battering (they usually also have some silly aura like might or fanat too..go figure) Enter lightsaber...woot! Course I guess any weap with elemental damage thats not cold, or magic damage would work (haven't tried baranar's yet...hmm...got one on a mule)

Malachi

6. hhhrobi

hhhrobi IncGamers Member

SO dramatic:azn:

I use the hidras from my torch.. or just walk away. One doesn't have to kill all the monsters in the game.

7. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

:laugh: The artist in me comes out

Yeah I did that too before the lightsaber came to mind (it had been sitting on a mule for months...figured id give it a try). Just stubborn me..."No, the monsters must die" :evil: )

wuf
    Malachi