Druid Pure Summoner Viable for Patriarch?

Noobiecakes

Diabloii.Net Member
Druid Pure Summoner Viable for Patriarch?

The title really says it all, is a pure summons druid a viable way to get patriarch? and are there any items that make this viable if its not? (+skills items or crazy good weapons)

Thanks for the replies in advance :thumbup:

NagisaFurukawa

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Druid Pure Summoner Viable for Patriarch?

Most builds are "viable". Summoner druids are no exception. The killing will be kind of slow, and physical immunes will be a pain though. Do you plan to do any attacking? Or will you just be sitting back and watching the carnage (or not)?

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member

This is my hunter druid, which is a pure summoner (mine has no points at all in either other tree) using a bow to help the minions. I didn't have any problems, really, though it wasn't the world's fastest killer. Quite viable, though. I'm using relatively high-end equipment, but it would work basically as well with more budget choices.

-CG

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member

I've got a pure Summoner Patriarch and yes it is doable. I was armed with a dual Shaeled Hellrack, another Hunters type build, and I also carried a Gavel of Pain with me to overcome the PIs, but I when down the Reaper's Toll path for the merc at times. Just a hint, Ravens blinding ability overrides your Amp Dam or your merc's Decrep. That's a pain in the arse.

wakiki

Diabloii.Net Member

Ack, I posted in Colorless Green's Pat thread when I meant to post in this one. Oops!

EDIT: I played a Hunter Druid for a while into NM and I think one of the most important things is AR. I recommend Angelics.

scottasin

Diabloii.Net Member

wayne did it without any gear, so that makes it seem that with gear, it'd be a breeze.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member

My friend Ugla patriarched one not long ago (I MPed with that character). He constantly ranted that with a decent weapon, 1pt in Werewolf and Fury, he does ten times more damage than all of his summons.
Here is the link to pat thread