Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Druid Playthrough

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Crux97, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Crux97

Crux97 Diabloii.Net Member

Hello all. I'm decided I'm gonna play a druid for when I don't feel like playing my bowa, so I'm gonna share my progress on here. I plan on going nado for end game but for the start I'm gonna mess around with the fire elements. I am using extended stash but only for this character. I'll try and keep track of all the unique and set items I find, I have a side goal if finding as many as possible. I shall be playing on p8 hc of course. I will post some updates in a bit!

T72on1 likes this.
  2. Crux97

Okay so I've made some decent progress for the night, My char name is Elemist, Ele for elemental and mist for well.... mist. I'm currently level 17 and am farming tower for runes. I plan on making leaf rune word (I've mainly been pumping points into firestorm and fissure.) I've added a little challenge for myself to not use any summoning skills throughout normal, as soon as I get to nm I can use them though. I did this so that way I don't have the oak thing for norm. I also plan to make nadir for the mana per kill. And maybe stealth? I haven't decided yet. Hmm what else.... I'm using crappy gear atm. +1 FS wolfhead... 2 soc topaz chain mail... mf ammy, an eth shortsword. A magic boneshield, mf on one ring and the other is garbage, same as boots and gloves lol. Will post more updates tomorrow. If anybody has tips on what items I should look for feel free to let me know.

T72on1 likes this.
  3. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

Stealth is a great Runeword man, especially in the early going since it's just a Tal and Eth Rune, and 2 socket armors are plentiful. Plus you can upgrade it as you go along if you find a higher defense armor since the Runes are so cheap. I actually used Stealth way up into the game(lvl 92) until I found a Vipermagi.

If you are going untwinked you might join in the revenge of the 99ers thread.

Lynchgrinch likes this.
  4. Burgomaster3

Burgomaster3 Diabloii.Net Member

5. Lynchgrinch

Lynchgrinch Diabloii.Net Member

I'll second @darkstarhub re Stealth rune word. It's absolutely brilliant until you find Vipermagi. I wore it up to about Clvl 81 on my CL/FO sort and it was nice as hell.

Also a big fan of Rhyme (ShaelElEth) which is cheap enough to upgrade every time you find a better 3os shield.

Good luck!!

6. Zenigma

Zenigma Diabloii.Net Member

Thirding the stealth armor. Used one of those on an untwinked bone necro until level 80-something (84?), when I made an enigma. Best early game armor for any untwinked caster IMO

Also rhyme doesn't have the El. It's just Shael Eth in a shield. Being 2-socket, makes it even easier to acquire

Crux97 likes this.
  7. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, Stealth, Rhyme and Lore. All great runewords for low level and beyond, certainly untwinked.

Welcome to the SPF by the way, and good luck with this character.

Crux97 likes this.
  8. Crux97

Thank you! I'll try not to die haha
    Edit: Also just realized alot of people replied, woah o_O I'm not sure how to reply to everybody without spamming the thread and I don't think I want to do that, but either way I've read all the replies and thank you everybody for all the helpful tips. Gonna start playing for a while now so I will let you guys know how it goes.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  9. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

You can either quote the different posts you want to reply to, which then all get added into one post, or you could address them using the @ function. So like this: @Crux97.

10. Grape

Grape Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the forums!

Your challenge reminded me of japanzaman's recent try at P8 HC singlepass Wind Druid. I assume you are going to allow re-runs however? Not an easy task anyway :)

Good luck!

11. Crux97

Okay so I've been playing for a bit, got enough runes to make stealth, made it in Studded Leather for right now, and also made Leaf. Didn't get really lucky and I got a bit tired of countess (left countess at like level 17 or 18) So I haven't made Nadir yet but I plan to eventually. I found Hotspurs on my first countess run though in the second level which was awesome, fire res is always a bonus. I also found a 1 soc 1 molten boulder and +3 spirit wolf helm that I'm using, since I'm not putting any hard points into summoning tree until NM I figured there wouldn't be any shame in using summ on skills I get from helms. But they suck, so I'm gonna be looking for a 2 soc wolf helm for Nadir. Andy was easy aswell as the fight to her. Everything dies to my fire thanks to leaf runeword. I am currently level 20, my stats are as follows...
    Str - 41
    Dex - 26
    Vit - 95
    Ene - 20
    My skills are 12 in firestorm, 1 into bolder, 5 into fissure, 1 into arctic blast, and 4 points into cyclone. Since my fire dmg is great right now I'm gonna put a few more points into cyclone armor. I'm also gonna do 10 andy runs before I start act 2. Will post updates later!

12. Crux97

Ohhh okay, thank you!
    Yes I'm allowing re-runs. I plan on doing as many challenges as I can think of in the future so I have plenty of things to keep me going lol. Thank you BTW :) these forums are very friendly and active which is why I decided to do this

13. JoeBruce

JoeBruce Diabloii.Net Member

The wind druid is currently one of my favorites, because he's one of two Guardians I have, and the only I play.

If you like insanely long write-ups, check out his Guardian thread. If not, here's the bullet points:
    • Tornado is very powerful, but unreliable in certain situations; aim Tornado behind the enemy, but know that enemies near pillars and walls and doorways will make its path very eratic
    • when casting Tornado in a difficult situation, hold Shift and move the cursor a little bit to see what path Tornado takes; patience is key, because if it hits the target you can keep that same path by not moving your cursor
    • recast Cyclone Armor when you're in battle to always keep it active - it absorbs loads of elemental damage
    • cast Bear ahead of you, especially into rooms
    • Oak Sage thinks it is an attack spirit and will charge enemies, so manage it through recasting; cast it close to you so it won't re-position itself in the middle of a boss pack (casting it far away causes it to move to you and past you)
    • don't discount Ravens - get the max (5) after plus skills - as they will blind enemies
    Good luck and have fun :)

14. Crux97

Thank you for all the helpful tips. I will keep all this in mind for when I respec into nado (not sure when, I was thinking as soon as I hit 30 but I'm also thinking I should wait until I get into nm because I'm going to respec then anyways because that's when I will use the summoning tree) Thank you I will need all this luck!

15. Crux97

Okay so I've done my 10 Andy runs and I got some pretty decent stuff from her suprisingly, I never farm norm Andy lol. Also as a little side thing I wanna do I'm gonna keep track of all sets/unique items I find, so that should be fun.

So I didn't find anything worth noting until run 3, she dropped Deaths Hand for me which I'm going to be using for now,for poison res is good aswell as the length reduction.

On run 4 I got a cute ammy, it's got 10 fcr, 5 energy, 11 max stam, 17 cold res, and 10% dmg taken goes to mana. My current ammy only has 15 mf so I'm gonna swap those. The fcr is always nice, the extra mana will be helpful and ofc resist is needed.

On run 5 I got Cleg shield and Umbra Disk, so those can get knocked off the huge list of unique and set items.

Run 7 gave me an okay ish rare ring. Best mods on it are 19 light resist and +1 mana after kill. Other mods are garbage.

Run 8 gave me the best item for me, wasn't even from andy, it was from the monster dudes that shoot the annoying lightning orb thingy lol. It's got +1 fissure <3 +1 to raven :mad: 6 energy, 2 life, 3 mana, and dual res!. 20 light resist and 10 fire. The fire isn't really needed because of hotspurs but oh well. I got like no charms worth noting sadly.

Well this pretty much sums up my andy runs, on the last run a jewel dropped, 8 max dmg,14 ar, and 7 cold res. Will probably give this to merc though, seems fitting for him. Act 2 merc of course. Anyways guys that's it for now, will update you all on how act 2 goes. Thanks everybody for giving me tips and advice and all the support, I really appreciate it

16. Crux97

Here is a little update for everyone, I'm going to take a little break for the night so might as well share my progress.

Right after I did all those andy runs I had around 150k gold, I sold all the Rares and gems I found and gambled myself a 3 slot belt. My precious belt was a crappy 2 slot rare belt, now I have a 4 rep life (is that even good lol) and 10 mana. Not too great but extra mana helps.

Rada was easy and no good drops, the +1 skill was the best thing I got lol.

Cube was easy aswell and of course no good drops. But as soon as I got the cube I went ahead and crafted up my merc a new weapon. He previously had some rare trident I found, now he's using a Savage Lochaber Axe, it has 77 enh dmg. Base dmg is 10 - 102, his damage is 43 - 222, which I think is pretty good. I'm thinking of making him a strength runeword for when I fight Duriel (for the OW or CB or whatever it has lol)

Nothing interesting happened at ammy, other then getting the ammy. So I had an idea of making a hybrid druid, using both fire skills and nado skills, mainly because I've never done that. I am curious if it's viable to beat hell ball with though, on p8 of course. I plan on playing through p8 for the whole game (aside from countess level 5 of course) so let me know what you guys think. Oh and if I do end up doing a hybrid druid, I won't be using any summons what so ever. I think that would be fun lol

T72on1 likes this.