Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Druid Newbie...

Discussion in 'Druid' started by svinderling, May 23, 2008.

1. svinderling

svinderling IncGamers Member

Druid Newbie...

Hi!

I've started a druid and had planned on making a wind druid for PVM. But I'd like to ask you:

1. Which is the most versatile druid build?

2. Which is the most fun build?

I'm strictly looking for PVM and MF. I don't have the equipment to make a good PVP as yet.

I've read the tips & the guides but none of them adress versatility and quality of game only specialization.:smiley:

Thanks!

/Noob

2. krisjeh

krisjeh IncGamers Member

3. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Re: Druid Newbie...

Windy is your best bet if you want to MF.

4. Jaquiezz

Jaquiezz IncGamers Member

Stay away from the shifter/melee builds if you're looking to MF, but a windy or a summoner would be a good start to get used to druids, have some fun and get some items.

5. Hmmer

Hmmer IncGamers Member

wind druids are the most effective overal, but without good enough gear their damage will be terrible and u wont be able to profit from the mf enough.

On the other hand summoners are great for mf(since u can pump it easily passed 300's),its also safe,but can be slow...

Choice is up to u now.

Hope u have fun and my answer helps :D xD

6. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Welcome to the wild, wild world of wolves!

Depends on your style of playing and what you define as 'fun'. It sounds like your style of fun is mf and finding all sorts of things. At the risk of sounding like a traitor, maybe a summoner is more your type of character (Druid or necromancer). Windys can be powerful, but you need some wealth to function to full potential. If you're into what I like which is running around clad in fur and smashing everything into mush, well, give the fury druid a try. A vita fury druid with a few points into summons can be a very viable PvM build and very difficult to kill.

good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah

7. Mitch Turnbuckle

Mitch Turnbuckle IncGamers Member

Hello,

How about a Summoner Shockbear using a full Aldur's set (100% MF)? Socket the helm with 2 Ptopaz's (48% MF). Socket the Rhythm with 3 Ist Runes (90% MF). Equip 2 Nagelrings (60% MF). Assuming everything I listed has maximum sockets/maximum MF, that would be just under 300% MF. The only thing that would really be difficult to obtain would be the Ist Runes.

Everything else could be traded for mere peanuts on the DII.net trade forums or acquired yourself. Making it both cheap and safe due to liberal Shockwave usage.

Put 5 ish points into Shockwave and max Spirit Wolves, Dire Wolves and Grizzly put 1 skill point in Carrion Vine.

Then decide if you want to max Oak Sage or Heart of Wolverine.

Finally, put all remaining points into Lycanthropy.

There is a video of someone using this build, just search the Druid forums. I apologize, but I cannot remember the forum members name of the top of my head right now.

8. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Only problem would be the kill speed. MF amount takes a backseat to the speed in which the run is done.