Druid inspired by Norse mythology?

Howitzer Al

Diabloii.Net Member
Druid inspired by Norse mythology?

I have a calendar about wolves, and its little information tidbit for today is:

"The Norse god Odin was always accompanied by two wolves named Geri and Freki. Along with a pair of ravens, the two wolves joined Odin whenever he went into battle."

Summon Dire Wolf and Raven anyone?

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
Howitzer Al said:

"The Norse god Odin was always accompanied by two wolves named Geri and Freki. Along with a pair of ravens, the two wolves joined Odin whenever he went into battle."

Not really possible, because everyone knows that the druid is really Nicolas Cage in disguise.
All the skills are just to throw people off the truth. :p

Darkwell

Diabloii.Net Member
Sint Nikolaas said:
Go with a great helm, a throwing spear and a towershield.. here's a picture.. :) allthough his shield is often not in the picture.. so a spear might do too.
If we get to make suggestions.......a clown hat, baton and paper plate......or go with Sints setup.

Masas said:
Not really possible, because everyone knows that the druid is really Nicolas Cage in disguise.
All the skills are just to throw people off the truth. :p
*Thinks of nicholas cage in 'the rock'.*
No, i dont see he simularity...
*thinks of nicholas cage in con air*
Ahh yes, very simular i suppose.
So, if he is a druid, who did they copy for the necro? Im guessing michael jackson (very pale and not a gram of fat on him, generally not very social, and has a weird fetish...:lol: )

Cronis

Diabloii.Net Member
Thor was way cooler than Odin (who gets eaten alive by Fenriswolf, by the way). Thor isn't my favorite. Heimdall>>>>Thor. IK barb==Thor.

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member
Would you believe this was going to be my next build when I finish my tri-elemental Assassin? Honest! Perhaps it's my viking heritage. My great grandfather was born in Arendel, Norway, and I share his name. That's close enough. Isn't it? :D

TheWormishOne

Diabloii.Net Member
Howitzer Al said:

What you write about Odin is mostly accurate, but if you read the background story of the Druids in LoD's manual, you'll find that they have more of Celtic flavour. However, there is a close relation between the Norse and Celtic mythologies, and both the Barbarian and Druid cultures of Sanctuary borrow aspects from them.

Shapeshifters are by the way also often mentioned in Viking lore, most notably berserkers being said to transform into giant forrest bears at will (berserk litterarly means bear-cloth.) Also, lycanthropy is actually a mental illness that was not uncommon in Scandinavia at that time. It's victims would roam the countryside at night and howl at the moon, convinced that they had turned into wolves.

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
who did they copy for the necro? Im guessing michael jackson (very pale and not a gram of fat on him, generally not very social, and has a weird fetish...:lol: )
This is the best cast ever. :thumbsup:

I guess barb is easy, just grab some big dude from WWE.