Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

druid 4 key running?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by mugana, Sep 8, 2006.

1. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

druid 4 key running?

I plan to make a rabies/fury druid and can he be viable for key running? I have a sorc but she gets slaughtered in nithalak due to the rot walkers and the vipers. My druid will use grief pb, enigma, jaljals, dungos, gores, dual ravenfrost, etc.

2. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

Tele > running. Perhaps make a wind druid.

3. saudili

saudili IncGamers Member

wind druid wearing ss > nith

4. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

I use my wind druid and he runs any keys perfectly fine with his enigma. The cyclone armor helps in ant situation with elemental attacks by taking zero damage from them and his sumons keep some monsters at bay while dealing 5.5k dmg (kinda low I know). I use a lidless but i could see how a Stormshield would help alot with the physical damage reduction from the corpse explosion. Isnt corpse explosion half fire? If it is, cyclone armor helps there too. Either way, I have never died from nith with my wind druid. and he is moderately equipped.

5. saudili

saudili IncGamers Member

I play hcl in useast, and i made very good builds using enigma+ dwarf star+ravenfrost+stormshield, nithlathak turns pretty easy, unless he brings the poison snakes together :/, but if you find those just avoid.

6. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

so its not a good idea to use a fury/rabies druid for key running? I don't want to make another druid or hammerdin. My sorc can do nith but she is so fragile and nith is sometime fire/cold immune.

I do have enigma for my druid and grief so ill see how it goes.

7. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

Well you can do the runs no problem I would imagine. For fun I sometimes do it with my pure Fury wolf and he has very similar gear.

8. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat IncGamers Member

I think you would be ok if you charged feral rage and used a nature's peace ring. I would get a lot of dr on my merc, say shaft and gaze and give him a reapers toll. You could go no merc but then I think you'll find the PIs are a big pain if you don't have the decrepty from toll to break them. Given your high life and big leach with feral rage you should leach your life back really fast so vipers should be no problem. IMO the ideal choice for a key runner is a barb because you can use howl to clear the mosters away from nih, but their is no reason not to do it with a druid if that is what you want.

edit You'll also find you get good exp and drops if you do your runs in an 8 player baal game.

9. Cdnexpat

Sorry for the double post, i'm past the edit time limit

I tried a few runs with my fury druid with nature's peace and without and it is no problem either way. My merc died quickly but i used atma's for the PIs. It isn't as fast as either of my barbs but it is fun and safe.

Just be sure to keep feral rage charged.

10. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

To further Cdnextpat's post, Nihl runs are actually pretty good for socketables. I always check the armor and weapon stands. Elite armors and weapons are fairly common from them. Upon entering the Halls of Vaught go upper left and upper right secondly as those are the only places the stands spawn.

11. Cdnexpat

I haven't been checking the stands, I usually run meph after so i don't have the games finish too fast. Are the stand's drops effected by MF? I usually wear engima to help push up my magic find, but that may be a mistake. Inquiring minds want to know...

12. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

wouldnt rabies take care of PI?