Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DrSpineFish Hammerdin Slaughterhouse!

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by bosoxx, Nov 4, 2006.

1. bosoxx

bosoxx IncGamers Member

DrSpineFish Hammerdin Slaughterhouse!

Hey all...

After some strong consideration and a message from GreyGhost i have moved DrSpineFish past Mephisto and he's now clearing Act V. He just dinged level 81. He managed to find GoldSkin and a few other nice items.

I do have a question though pertaining to Blessed Hammer. In a Baal run someone told me his BH's did 14k in damage. Is that possible? He was only level 79. My total BH damage now is about 3199. What could he be doing or wearing to be doing 14k in damage?

Oh, and something else about BH. Is there a good way to line up monsters to drop quicker? Let me explain. Some times i notice in closed quarters that monsters will get inside the hammer circle and be immune from damage. If i step back, i can usually get them caught up again and kill them. Outside in the open, like in many Act V areas, BH mows down things pronto. When you do areas inside like the Crystalline pasage, etc.. things can come around the corner fast and be on you before i can get BH off. If i have to move around and re-center i can be wiped from some of the uber bosses hanging out down there.

I was just curious if anyone had any Hammerdin tips they could pass along?

As always, good gaming,
    --Bosoxx

2. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Well, here's a quick way to make sure your hammers hit stuff:
    1. Get Enigma
    2. Teleport
    3. Watch things die

In all reality, Enigma for a Hammerdin is the holy grail. Teleport helps a great deal. It'll also boost your damage, strength, defense, life, and damage reduction. Someone at blizzard was thinking "Okay, I'm going to make a Hammerdin...what mods should I put in a runeword to make my Hammerdin as good as possible." and came up with Enigma...

3. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

The things that will really help your damage are maxed synergies and + skills items. Some of the cookie-cutter hammer builds can get up to 17K hammers. You can check out the strategy and build stickies in the Paladin forum, they'll have more specific advice than I can provide.

If your wealth is not "godly," then hammerdins might not be the best character for you to start out on. Their gear is generally pretty expensive. A summon necro can clear most of hell with cheap gear, and mf pretty well too.

If you've got some of the higher-echelon gear available (enigma, hoto, exile, arachs, etc), then your Hdin should be okay.

As far as the close-quarters combat goes, thats part of the drawback of using a Hdin. There's no way to easily kill the monsters that swarm you in narrow passages of maggot lair or glacial trail, ancients way, etc. You gotta keep casting and moving around until your hammers hit them, or have a secondary attack ready, like smite.

4. bosoxx

bosoxx IncGamers Member

Thanks Guys...

what would it take to get an Enigma? i'm assuming some runes and the best i have is Mal and Fal. My loot stash is pretty poor besides my 130 pgems.

-Bo

5. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

what would it take to get an Enigma? i'm assuming some runes and the best i have is Mal and Fal. My loot stash is pretty poor besides my 130 pgems.

On UswestL, 140 Pgems would get you near 4 HRs. With your Mal, you can make about 2 Enigmas, and still have change left over.

6. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

you use concentration as your aura right?

:shocked:
    *priit2

7. Angel_Dusted

Angel_Dusted IncGamers Member

On getting some high hammer damage:

You can find this in a bunch of forums, but here's the general Hammerdin setup which gives you around 21k hammers.

Harlequin Crest Shako
    Enigma Runeword
    Heart of the Oak Runeword
    Arachnid's Mesh
    Magefists
    Herald of Zakarum
    Sandstorm Treks or any other boots
    2x Stone of Jordan
    Mara's Kaleidoscope

9x Paladin Combat Grand Charms
    Paladin Hellfire Torch
    Annihilus Small Charm

20 Blessed Hammer
    20 Concentration
    20 Vigor
    20 Blessed Aim
    Rest in Holy Shield with a minimum of 1 point invested

There you have it :innocent:

8. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

21k with this setup? no way!

:shocked:
    *priit2

9. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

It's only 16k with that set up, 16.6k (17k displayed) if you cast Battle Command (+1 skills).

I don't know where he got 21k from...

10. BaLdUrDaSh

BaLdUrDaSh IncGamers Member

As far as I'm concerned 17k damage is max a Hammerdin can achieve. However, the above is highly ineffective. A much better build (whether for PvP or PvM, no difference) is based on 125 FCR and 86 FHR breakpoints. Having ~5k Life and damage of 11k is far superior to having 17k damage and 2-3k Life.

bosoxx: since you say have only 3k dmg, I suppose you're not using Concentration (which is a big mistake). Just assign B. Hammer to your left mouse button and auras to the right, while attacking always use Concentration.