Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Drop rates: SP Vs BNet

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TheNix, Sep 19, 2006.

1. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Drop rates: SP Vs BNet

A mate of mine is putting a team together to take on the ubers so I've been playing a lot of bnet over the last month or so. Other than the first half of Act 1 normal I've been playing by myself, so therefore I've been playing at players 1 without a party, at no stage have I had more than 100% MF. My Trapasin is now lvl 50 at the beginning of Act 2 NM and I've filled three mules with greens and golds, over fifty items so far. I'm not complaining, :grin: , but when I play SP I'd be luck to get 20 items in the same time, and that's playing at /players8. I thought that the drop rates were the same in SP as they are in bnet.

2. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

I always thought that b.net ladder was at a higher drop rate. I believe SP is at the same drop rate as non-ladder b.net though

3. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

I think MageChick has the 'official story' correct, but in my 12 minute career of playing on BNet (i.e. testing my computers firewall config), I had similar results as TheNix... something's up, IMO.

4. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Drop rates are the same, however, b/c bnet has more players, there are more items out there to get.

crg

5. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Even when you are alone in a password protected game??

6. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

The only variant in drops is the number of players in the game (or simulated in sp, where only odd numbers of players contribute to drops) and the amount of MF one has.

crg

7. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Well, according to my experience the drop rate sure as hell isn't better on bnet anyway. :starry:

8. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

No insult intended at you MC, but a vast number of b.netters think that SP is not on par with b.net ladder.

This is not the case. The drop rates are the same. The monster AI is the same. The difficulty levels in Normal, NM and Hell are the same. All 'ladder-only' runewords can be enabled in SP (via RWM), and Cube recipes are enabled in SP by default. The only things not possible, afaik, are Uber Diablo and The Pandemonium Event. I would still be playing b.net ladder if SP offered less.

It is non-ladder that has the short end of the stick, or so I've been told.

Edit: And from my own experience, playing on Europe ladder and SP is exactly the same (apart from the lack of vicious brats in SP).

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Long ago, I heard a rumor of a mod that enabled uber trist and even DC in single. However, rumor had it that it also changed a lot of other stuff, so I never really went looking for it.

I'd sure as hell install a mod that enabled uber trist and DC (especially if it was the SoH that had to be sold) if it left everything else the way it is.

EDIT: Yes, SP is exactly the same as ladder, except for a few bug fixes (gmerc) and the placement of act 5 Cain (which proves single player to be harder than b.net)

10. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

None taken, maybe I should have written it like " I feel that b.net ladder has a higher drop rate. I don't want to be known for perpetuating a rumor. :lipsrsealed:

I've ventured into SP only on very few occasions (when my internet connection is down and I need a fix). It just never feels the same. I suppose I'm internally comparing my lvl 90+ fully tweaked b.net chars to whatever lowlife vanilla SP char I had at the time. But even when I played some untwinked b.net (no tradeing outside of our group of 8 people) it seemed like we were getting decent drops. Maybe it's just that my time on b.net is often spent in a group and that often makes the time go faster - my time spent on SP is generally kinda boring and uneventful.

It may also have a lot to do with the pure luck of MFing. I've scored a few beauties lately. I'd never found squat until about a month ago. Now I'm finding lots of good stuff. Hmm, maybe I finally got my chars tweaked to the right point:wink3:

11. Pucho

Pucho Banned

In addition to that (or in exchange of the ubers/hellfire and DC/anni) we could HF rush, use any item version we want (kinda like non-ladder) control the difficulty/drops of the game with /players X, no expiring time for any char and play the game version we like most, or several at once. And keep the same map as long as we wish to.
    It's like a mod + maphack + other stuff as well (reset skill points and such) but it can't emulate correctly the AI of the ubers, making them easier. Not worthy IMO (and it's considered a hack around here)

EDIT: Yes, SP is exactly the same as ladder, except for a few bug fixes (gmerc) and the placement of act 5 Cain (which proves single player to be harder than b.net)[/QUOTE]
    Haven't played Bnet since classic... where is cain?

12. RedArchon

RedArchon IncGamers Member

Right beside the waypoint.

13. Pucho

Pucho Banned

14. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

I agree 100% with this statement.

He's usualy inbetween the wp and your stash. Its a much more convenient spot for him imho and I can't figure out why they didn't move him in SP.

-hps

15. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

I didn't think there was a difference, so I hope my luck holds. :grin: Another six greens and golds in about 90 minutes last night and only one that I already had. That would bring me up to about 60 grail items and my character still has only about 80% mf and is lvl 52.