Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Drop Quality Calculator

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Shadow_247, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Drop Quality Calculator

I have been working on a drop quality calculator over the past ~week. With help from Thrugg, Ruvanal and some of the other techs around, I believe it's ready to be put to test.

The purpose of the calculator is to tell you about quality odds. If a monster decides to drop a certain item, this calculator will give the odds of the item dropped being of a certain quality. So if a monster drops a hydra bow, the calculator will tell you the chances that the dropped hydra bow is unique, set, rare and magic. It provides both a ratio and a percentage.

This calculator will NOT tell you the chance of a monster dropping a certain item, I will be working towards that later.

Sorry, this has really been delayed. I have not been around lately, and I just got around to it. Anyways, I have decided to do a kind of beta test with this, to make sure it works and all. It's not quite done, as it's missing special drops, and it has yet to compensate for TC selection, but I hope to get around to that.

See the java-written calculator here (No download required)

If you cannot see the calculator you most likely need a newer java platform. Easily downloaded here

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Just one thing - when you list the chances, either leave the % symbol out, or multiply by 100 first. For example, 1:400 is 0.0025, or 0.25%, but not 0.0025%.
    Otherwise, numbers look right, good work. Look forward to seeing the ability to put in special monster bonuses too.

3. Jarulf

Jarulf IncGamers Member

Is there any possibility without having to install some java engine?

4. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

I am trying to translate the calculator into excel. But i am not quite verse in excel, and I notice it isn't quite as open-ended as java. What I may end up doing is writing the javascript straight into html, but again, i lack much teaching there. The excel version should not take me long, i'll get on that as soon as I can.

EDIT: I have updated the calc. I spiffed it up slightly, but the big change was the class-specific check. If the item you are hoping for is class-specific check that box. I'm not quite sure if the calculations made for the class-specific items are correct. I took the values directly from itemratio.txt, but the final results seem a bit awry to me.

A drop down list with the different specific monster drops drop modifiers should be available pretty soon.

Check it out at the same link. Here

5. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

The class-specifics seem OK to me from the numbers I've tried. The min cap for sets and rares hits class-specifics a lot sooner than other items because they start more likely to drop good quality to begin with. I think if mlvl=qlvl you hit the set min cap with only 270 MF for a class-spec.