Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

drmalawi's Green Goblin Sept (Vamp Gaze + Leviathan)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by drmalawi, Mar 4, 2018.

1. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

Green Goblin sept.

I have always been fashinated by the looks of both the Vamp gaze helm and the Leviathan armor. Green as grass!
    When I finally found the Levithan on my elemental double swinger Dougal I decided I should make a "Green Goblin" sept where the char wear both of these items.

The items themselves are quite powerful, in particular the helmet is very all-round with its damage reduction and dual leech. The armor also offers a quite large boost to defense, strength and damage reduction. So apart from having a greenish appearance, all chars will have a huge % damage reduction (useful for all chars) and strength (useful for physical fighters, less useful for casters). I will also try to make their appearance as Gothic as possible, hence heavy usage of polearms, maces and bone shields. Finally, the chars will try to equip weapons that do require pretty high strength (which is often a turn-off for many other builds).

The story behind this sept is that at some point in their questing, they are offered the same chemicals as made Norman Osborne powerful... and yeah green! (What did alkor actually put in his potion of life?!)

In this thread, I will keep links to all the chars Mat/Pat threads and also listen to some good advice and share some funny moments :)

Complete chars:

Sorceress: Frozen Orb/Enchantress

Planned chars:

Amazon: Plauge/Fendzon with Stoneraven

Assassin: Tigerstrike/Dragon Tail/Blade fury with some kind of big deadly polearm (Obedience, Crescent moon or Repers toll).

Barbarian: Whirlwind barb with 4-piece IK set.

Druid: Summon/Hurricane Druid with Speelsteel for Decrep and Bonehew for Corspe explosions. Not sure if to use one strong Grizzly or three mediocre Dire Wolfs.

Necromancer: Poison/summon hybrid (with emphasis on an Iron Golem with crushing blow)

Paladin: Zealer with Stonecrusher and Shaffers hammer (when lvl req are met). Perhaps go without Holy Shield and instead wear Rhyme or Sanctuary in Troll Nest for a totally nasty and gore-ish look! (I don't like the Holy Shield animation plus the huge damage reduction % will compensate a lower chance of block and defense).

I hope that you'll all enjoy this sept and be inspried to do something similar!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  2. drmalawi

Attached Files:

LackCreativity likes this.
  3. Uthanak

Uthanak Diabloii.Net Member

If I may make a suggestion, Vamp gaze with corpsemourn on a necro looks amazing. You might want to take a quick peak and post a screenshot here, perhaps. ;)

Otherwise amazing idea, I love when people go for the visual style.

drmalawi likes this.
  4. drmalawi

Thanks for the tip but Leviathan is mandatory :)

DiabloTwoinDC likes this.
  5. drmalawi

I liked the looks of my Bonenecro with bone-fetisch btw

Screenshot051.jpg

6. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Very stylish. Good luck !!!

7. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC Diabloii.Net Member

I was going to make a Leaper Barb with the same setup. Kermit_the_Frog or something. :p

8. drmalawi

Awesome!!! :D

9. drmalawi

EDIT, new plans for the remaining (six) chars of this sept

Changed plans mostly due to the fact that I made infinity and that some of my goal-items have high level req.

Amazon: Plauge/Fendzon with Stoneraven

Assassin: Gimmershred kicksin

Barbarian: Some kind of Berserker, the huge dmg reduction from the "Green items" is very useful here. Perhaps I'll use stromshield and dungo aswell. A Green tank in other words.

Druid: Summon/Hurricane Druid with Speelsteel for Decrep and Bonehew for Corspe explosions. Not sure if to use one strong Grizzly or three mediocre Dire Wolfs.

Necromancer: Poison nova + Fire Golem. I was thinking about making a 6 socketed Crystal Sword filled with poison facets, poor mans DWeb.

Paladin: Fanatic two-handed Avenger could be fun to try out. Perhaps I will use BotD colossos blade here.

Grape, Grisu, Pb_pal and 1 other person like this.
  10. Grisu

Grisu Diabloii.Net Member

You shamelessly stole my idea!!! ;-) I wanted to make one, too. I even already created the barb named "Hop_Frog" (nod to E. A. Poe),but he's still level 1 :rolleyes:

Great ideas, drmalawi! Hope to see some updates on your progress in the future! :)

drmalawi likes this.
  11. drmalawi

I think @DiabloTwoinDC had the idea of making a Frog Barb too LOL