Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Drizzt DoUrden

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by chubbypuppy, Mar 18, 2004.

1. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Drizzt DoUrden

Walking back from lunch I was thinking about the frenzy barb I'm playing, then I thought about Drizzy DoUrden, who popularized two wielding fighters in my AD&D group (many years ago).

This is a fun idead - How would we come close to making Drizzy DoUrden in terms of abilities and looks?

Frenzy comes to mind, wielding dual scimitars (must be scimitars), but only the paladins could give his skin the correct dark tint :)

The character would also need to wear a cape and have a panther pet...

2. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Actually...Drow have black skin...as in ebon, and the paladin is brown...bit of a difference there.

Elves are also a bit more svelt and slim than a barb...so unless you're looking to build a hulked up version...appearance-wise, he'd look a little off. Maybe he could be a fat, albino drow with black hair or something...

Too bad Necs aren't built for tanking or dual wielding...as, aside from the pale punum, they have the svelt figure, their armor is rather ornate and decorative and they have the long white hair common to the Drow.

-X

3. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

IMO Double Swing would be a better representation, unless you wanted him in "the hunter".

Put a Perfect Sapphires in a Djinn Slayer for Cold Damage (frost brand) Not sure what you can do for Twinkle, maybe an upgraded Coldsteel Eye

4. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

I would think Frnzy would be the better bet...since, according to the novels anyways, that Drizzt's fighting prowess is some form of secret dual wielding technique, as opposed to say, your average dual wielding Fencer. From what I've read...he's a blur when it comes to his fighting technique...and since frenzy speeds up your attacks...etc etc...

I wish Dual Wielding was more of a skill option for some chars than a just a barb/assassin char feature. Imagine a sorc dual wielding 2 orbs!!...or a Nec dual wielding 2 Boneshades!! lol!

Oooo...a dual wielding Paladin....egads!

-X

5. Alkanine

Alkanine IncGamers Member

I can imagine it and now I know why its only for barbs and assns