Drivers license

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
Drivers license

Hmm..yesterday, on the talk radio station I listen to, they were discussing the new drivers license proposal.

They were saying that when going to either renew or apply for a new license, one had to show four forms of ID. One would need a certified birth certificate, the social security card, another form of picture ID and a piece of mail such as a utility bill that can verify residency. After one submits this info to the BMV, they will process your license in four days. All of your information will be put into a national database and your background will be checked. It was said that this is in response to 9-11.

They were also discussing the huge amount of money that it will cost to implement such policy. From what I heard, no funds will be given to the states to assist in this new policy.

Has anyone else heard of this and can you give a linky? I am not good at googling.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
not sure, but each state's DMV procedures and driving laws are somewhat different.

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
not sure, but each state's DMV procedures and driving laws are somewhat different.
From what I gather, they won't be. All states will have to comply with the federal law.

Freemason

Banned
There isn't enough political will by either side to make this happen. Worse that'll happen is proof of citizenship and a billing statement.

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
So what do I as a 16 year old do for a proof of residency.
Well, I work in a library. When someone doesn't have a piece of mail with a recent postmark (to demonstrate a valid mailing address), we tell them to send a letter to themselves.

So if this passes, illegal immigrants will need four fake IDs instead of two or three? That sounds like a pretty ineffectual solution to a problem that likely doesn't exist.